• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Unfortunately, I am the only one of my friends and relatives who still plays Pokemon. When Pokemon first came out, most of my friends and relatives were huge Pokemon fans, but they all either quit playing video games altogether, or they think Pokemon is childish. I have been talking to a few relatives and they are interested in Pokemon X and Y. They said if the devs made this new game a lot different from the others then they would buy it. They are tired of the same game formula. So, maybe I will be able to convince some of them to buy the new games :)

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Unfortunately, I am the only one of my friends and relatives who still plays Pokemon. When Pokemon first came out, most of my friends and relatives were huge Pokemon fans, but they all either quit playing video games altogether, or they think Pokemon is childish. I have been talking to a few relatives and they are interested in Pokemon X and Y. They said if the devs made this new game a lot different from the others then they would buy it. They are tired of the same game formula. So, maybe I will be able to convince some of them to buy the new games :)

One thing to ask. have you ever tried playing Pokemon Spin off Games? It may be the things your pals were seeking.

I'm just merely mo own who enjoys pokemon. most of my university mates know them but they only play DotA so much. Jut DOTA EVERYWHERE! And I'm not including the second version since my place has a crap ton of economical problems that kept the populace poor where virtual gaming can only be found on PC. As much as they also wanted to play Nintendo's games along with the other two, they just can't afford it yet.

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
as you can see in my sig, we are a group(PPM, first iranian pokemon group) and we play together, we're all best friends!----->(( Music Man, 2rsa, Kian D, Master Arian &.....))

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one who plays Pokemon among my friends. When I was growing up Pokemon was huge around where I lived but as everyone got older my friends moved on to different type of games and I also quit Pokemon for a long time until I got into it again last summer.

Most of my friends know I play these games nowadays though and they don't have a problem with it but they just don't like Pokemon games that much anymore. Perhaps X and Y will get them into Pokemon again.

Rai+

Pretty sure it's only me... I have a few friends who love it but I don't know if they play the games anymore or anything like that, I've lost touch with them anyway.

My boyfriend thinks it's childish, and that I'm too old for it, but I don't think he ever got into pokemon when he was younger, he was probably a little bit too old in the first place.

So I tend to keep it to myself, and don't tell people how many hours I put into playing anymore :( It's sad really...

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Unfortunately, no :(

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
Not alone. I do have friends who like Pokemon. My girlfriend also likes pokemon, but I don't like sharing pokemon in front of my other friends who would pry make fun of me.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Outside of the internet, not as many of my friends play Pokemon as they used to... but they could also just be being secretive about it like me.

I know a handful of people who do play Pokemon still, but I'm not sure how much they enjoy it each. Not to mention... a couple of them not only cheat on Pokemon, but one of them also illegally downloads nearly all of his games. :I

Haunter ゴースト

Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know that still plays it. Everyone I know moved on to other stuff. :(

Same, this happened around 2006 when i moved into Secondary School. However, i remained a fan of the franchise despite everybody else.

I live with four housemates, two of them also play Pokemon. So yes.

That is very lucky, in-fact a scenario like this would be great.

I am very envious of some of you. Sadly, I have no one in my area that happens to play Pokemon, well, at least none of my friends.

I agree with this 100%, it's annoying. I like going on Serebii but i'd much prefer friends in real life to discuss the anime and play the games with.

Unfortunately, no :(

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/

Same here man, you're not the only one.

Please, do not consider me to be conceited or anything of the sort, but I play sports, heavily and I am very commited, and i once tried to bring up the subject to my Basketball and Football teams, and it was terrible. I managed to play it off by saying I was just kidding and such... I really do envy you.

This exact thing happened to me aswell.

Sadly, this is my situation too. But I should feel sorry for them, they don't know what fun they're missing! I think they're just jealous! :p

Haha if only!

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as some, no one around my area plays anymore pretty much because they've out grown it. Sometimes during school my friends would bring it up remembering how popular it was when we were younger, and get a few laughs in but I would try to contain myself so I wouldn't nerd out. So for the most part I've kept it to myself and joined a few forums which is why I'm here on Serebii. I don't know of any places near me where people that play the games hang out, in fact I have about half hour drive to the nearest Town that would actually have anything. But I'll still keep playing Pokemon regardless, I don't see myself ever quitting the series I love it to much :)

During school that scenario happened to me a lot, everything else you listed is the same with me aswell. I doubt i'll leave the franchise since it's just incredible if i'm completely honest, it'll just be e interesting when i settle down with a girl and explain that i still like it...

Because of the massive contrast with Gen 1 - 5, and X + Y i'm really hoping it encourages some of my mates to get them. Everybodies wanted a 3D region (Colleseum + XD aside) since the beginning, so now we've finally got one it could be the turning point.

I did think HG and SS would have encouraged people to play again since it was a remake of games we all played as children, but unfortunately it didn't so who knows.

but they could also just be being secretive about it like me.

I've always wondered this as-well. I've always thought i'd know if they did, but i've managed to keep it secret so there's no reason they can't either.

Brew

Mad dreamer
When I was a kid, all of my cousins played Pokemon with me. They introduced me to the series, actually! But then, they outgrew it during high school. I think I'm the only one who still plays it, besides my younger cousins. I have a few friends that battle me occasionally at school but the majority of the people I know mock me when I whip out my DS and play. My reply to them is that Pokemon practically taught me how to read English very well, and they usually shut up after that. =)

Larry

I have a few friends that never gave up Pokemon and still play and a few of them are on another Pokemon forum I'm on.

Also, Pokemon hit my high school a couple years ago and tons of people started playing again.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
A few of my friends like it. Not all of them but most of my friends are band kids (senior in high school, band geek). During school when I have some free time I pull my 3ds out and play some pokemon. I'll get asked what I'm playing and I'll say someting along the lines of "I'm playing Pokemon" (so origanal right?) But then they will either say I'm immature or something along those lines, so I say that I know it isn't normal but MLP: FIM didn't appeal to me like most every other guy in my age group. I also play Magic openly, Yugioh, Pokemanz, all that stuff.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Actually no one I know play Pokemon. Actually,they always tease me when they saw some of my Pokemon stuffs.

Master 92 1/2

Shiny Hunter
I'm pretty much the only one in my area that I know besides a person on my bus and a friend of mine but this is usually what happens when we talk about it:

Me: "Cool Haxorus"
Him: "Thanks"
Me: "What's your ev spread? 4hp/252att/252/spe
Him: "What?"

We still have fun but it is nice to chat with people on serebii who know more than I do.

Iristle

I make no sense
I have one friend who likes Pokémon. The rest of our friends, not so much. One of my best friends gets hopelessly confused whenever we go off on one of our Pokémon talks whenever we're walking home from school. The others are just like "What the hell are you talking about" and try to change the subject. I know someone else in my year who also happens to like Pokémon but I'm not sure if she plays it as much anymore, plus we're more acquaintances than friends since I only really talk to her during lessons and such.

Out of the two of us, I'm definitely the more knowledgeable. I think he's got the grasp of how EVs and IVs work, though, and he knows how to RNG for shininess. (I tried to show him but failed miserably somehow.) Sometimes we talk about our teams (then he brags about how 'awesome' his team is and how he'll beat me... Maybe he's the IRL equivalent of a rival lol) and recently we've even started doing TCG stuff. I went around his house to open a booster box of Plasma Storm and we played a few matches with the cards we pulled in our seperate packs. He pulled all the full arts but I pulled the shining Blastoise, so it evened out. :D

Sadly, I don't know anyone else in the year and I don't know the lower years well enough to even consider if any of them play Pokémon. Here in Sixth Form something like Pokémon isn't really the sort of thing you would talk about though you won't get as harrassed about it as you would in lower years. Oh well. It'd have been nice to have a Pokémon club or something. You don't even really get much support for that sort of hobby here. We spent a long time trying, and failing, to find card sleeves for the mix-match packs of cards we bought sometime... How frustrating!

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
I have several friends who play. However, I am the one who plays it the most, which is also why I have an account on SPPf.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
One thing to ask. have you ever tried playing Pokemon Spin off Games? It may be the things your pals were seeking.

I'm just merely mo own who enjoys pokemon. most of my university mates know them but they only play DotA so much. Jut DOTA EVERYWHERE! And I'm not including the second version since my place has a crap ton of economical problems that kept the populace poor where virtual gaming can only be found on PC. As much as they also wanted to play Nintendo's games along with the other two, they just can't afford it yet.

Yeah I bought the first couple Mystery Dungeon Pokemon games. I played both of them but I didn't care for them. I showed them to my cousins and they didn't like them either. I bought Conquest and I really liked it, but I couldn't get my cousins to try it. They are wanting something that changes the battle styles a little, and how you see/catch wild Pokemon, and 3-D. They are also wanting to see a multiplayer aspect added. Idk how they could add something like that, but they already have the Entralink that allows you to visit other peoples world, so it may happen. Who knows? I know we don't know too much about Pokemon X and Y yet, but maybe it'll be really good. I'm hoping so anyway. I personally love the Pokemon games, but I do agree that it's time for a change in the game formula.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
I have a few friends who do, but they're hardcore gamers who'll play just about any game; I'm the most fanatical of my friends that do play. Outside of my friends, I don't know anyone else who plays... everyone else openly mocks it when it comes up. I live right in the middle of Alabama; not exactly surrounded by the brightest crayons in the box for the most part.

ForeWolf

I have a few friends who do, but they're hardcore gamers who'll play just about any game; I'm the most fanatical of my friends that do play. Outside of my friends, I don't know anyone else who plays... everyone else openly mocks it when it comes up. I live right in the middle of Alabama; not exactly surrounded by the brightest crayons in the box for the most part.

I also live in Alabama, across the bay from Mobile. I can confirm your observations. Bright crayons, most are not.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Ever since I moved, the only other person I know in my area who likes Pokémon is this one girl from school. We're both "closeted" when it comes to playing Pokémon, I remember back in sixth grade when she'd need help she'd always wrap her game cards in a Post-It note and give it to me. :p