• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
A couple of people actually

;392;lets see there is one of my cousins possibly 2 and there is my older brother who is an off again on again fan of the pokemon franchise and im not sure if this counts but I have seen people on swtor who like pokemon.:537:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I have one good friend that likes Pokemon as much as me, and I recently got him to join SPPF!
Other than that, some people like it, but not as big of fans as I am :D

I'm in college, and a bunch of my friends there are replaying through old classics. We even had a group in facebook, to post pokememes and stuff.. Cool people never stop liking cool stuff ^^

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
A rare few. But they weren't into it nearly as much as me. And now I'm moving in a week or two to another country so yeah that's not really gonna change much.

The Head Honchkrow

I used have a friend in high school who I'd talk to about Pokemon.
He asked me to battle many times (the reason I didn't was down to my inability to defeat the E4 in D/P).
Some time after high school, he suddenly became less interested in the recent games, and more so in just battling competitively on simulators.
Nowadays, I understand he shuns anything that isn't Gen I-III, as he finds that Pokemon turned into a broken mess post-Gen III.
I don't resent him for that. In fact, I do see where he's coming from, what with Stealth Rock rendering many Pokemon nigh-unusable, and Shell Smash boosting the likes of Cloyster and Crustle to game-breaking levels.
However, the difference between me and him is that I find pleasure in simply playing through the games and not concerning myself with the competitive scene.
I just feel a little sad that I didn't make more of an effort to take him up on his challenge back in high school.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Estellise

peachy
Well, there are a few people in my town that play Pokemon (I guess, considering the fact that one time I went to Walmart, and HeartGold was sold out), but they're not people I know or hang out with... Most people just make fun of Pokemon where I live, sadly. :( :608:

Coileach

I'm really lucky in this sense, I made several friends in secondary school who are really into pokemon and all but one of them are still into it and up to date. It must be hard to be an alone pokemon lover, your obsession would only be fed by others over the internet, in fact I'd say if my friends had grown out of it I would have given up by now.

Dr. Evan

The Good Doctor
I am very lucky in this sense. Most of my closest friends still religiously play pokemon games when they are released. I lived in a house for years with 4 other people in college and after, on the weekends we partied and during the week after work we all played videogames. When black and white came out, there was like 2 straight months of mass pokemon hysteria. Trading, battling, trading shiny pokemon for real life goods, and loads of bragging rights. I've since left the town where I attended school and moved to Oklahoma City because I am lucky and got a great job. However, I miss those guys and those times. Being an adult, it is hard to find someone with similar interests, and I am a pokemon addict.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
I was lucky enough to know a couple of people and through a couple of years of playing and talking have a bunch of people I know into Pokemon now. The original group was three people and now it is 16 of us or so that play.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
I know there are people around me.

Am I friends with that and all?

NOPE. So I have 2 ds's and all the games so I can trade with myself. Cause no one I actually know plays. But I know like little kids are everywhere cause every now and then I get a StreetPass from someone i dont know xD

I have like two friends that got BW2.

Do I hang out with them.

LOL NOPE. I never get the chance to and really now, people dont need friends for pokemon since everything is online now l:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Unfortunately, no :(

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/

Exactly like me. Well I know somebody but he's not at my school, so I'm okay. If one of my friend knew that I play Pokémon, I think I wouldn't have friend anymore, being rejected as well. So I'm hiding it but I also play Xbox, not because it's the best way to hide Pokémon, but also because I love this Xbox. So yeah, that's my own pleasure.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I know people who like Pokemon but they only play the first 3 gen games since they don't have a DS

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I know about.... four <.> Two are my cousins, My brother, and one my friend. My older cousin is kinda still into Pokemon, but can't finish the games fully or has little time to play because of work, soccer, and other suff. my younger cousin is losing interest and going on to play other games. My brother is still into POkemon, but hasn't played in a while. He still gets excited about the news though. My friend is into Pokemon but we rarely hang out, He is most of the days busy so.. >:

Overall I kinda feel alone with the Pokemon thingy .-. but I still enjoy it alot <.>

The Wallflower

I'll tickle ur fancy
I have quite a few friends or people I know who are still fans/gamers and buy it whenever a new game comes out
One of my friends only played BW but it didn't really interest her
One of my friends has played everything but BW and isn't interested in playing anything beyond gen IV
Another one of my friends hasn't played anything beyond the old gen 1/2 games, and another hasn't played anything beyond gen III
And then there's some of my friends who like it but for the 1st/2nd seasons of the anime

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I know quite a few people who like pokemon but it has diminished over the years. My best friend does not really play it much and stopped at soul silver. I am trying to convince her to get back into it with X and Y. In my area? I think I am the only one unless you count my brothers and cousins.

PoKe mAsTeR12

Nah, I'm not the only one i know who like's pokemon. I can say I like pokemon, my brother like's pokemon and one of my friends like pokemon. :)

Yes a few. There are some kids in my neighborhood who play competitive. My older sibling is into it to so theres that to. But I mean she isnt around she moved out but I guess that still counts