• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you like/love any characters like they were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't have to say this, but I love Dawn as if she were real. :p

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Do you really?

As for the musical, P_B... well, that's odd, alright. Of course, given everything, I'm curious, but this isn't the place to talk about it, so asides from a PM... can anyone else reply, please?

Broken_Hearted

~ Peaceful Bliss ~
Hm... I'd love Brock if he were a real person... ^///^

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
...did you realize your post contradicts your sig?

Anyway, does anyone have another topic? Please?

Crystal Clair

...did you realize your post contradicts your sig?
Maybe he's gay.

I brought up this topic earlier but it was turned down. I'll try again
If you have a picture of your favorite character, maybe even a favorite picture, post it and explain why you like it.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
It wasn't really turned down... It's more that Contributor #1 (a.k.a. ME) can't post pics and the others didn't bother.

Crystal Clair

I dont want this thread to die!

....... quick, new topic!

I also must confess that I just realized my crush on Shinji has turned into true love. I love everything about Shinji.
And now I know why there are so many freggin romance movies out there.

Pikachu 6001

Master Trainer
Def.

Definstly MISTY at first... No then....
She actully proved me some stuff about the girl characters not being so
PIE
\
Im SO SAD misty had too leave I was OK with may but dawn.... isnt human and freaks me out. BOO DAWN AND MAY GO MISTY!

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
We've tried, okay? It didn't come out that well, though.

And well, do you have anything else to say about that, or you're just here to bother us? If the latter, leave, please.

Anyone else want to suggest a topic? I'll say something when I have more time, now.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'm not attracted to any characters, because I prefer to watch the show for the purpose of seeing pokemon in action, but since I do try to be supportive to the people in my thread who are attracted to pokemon, I guess I should be fair and be nice to people who are attracted to characters.

I usually think these kind of people are just the May fanboys, though I shouldn't make that generalization. I've noticed that a lot of people in the attracted to pokemon thread talked about gardevoir, so I guess May is like gardevoir in that case.

Some characters do seem sort of appealing to me, but I'm not obsessed. Like I said, I usually prefer to focus on the pokemon. I'm a bit of an animal person in real life, too.

Here's a question: Do any of you get flamed for liking characters?

I've seen loads of flame spurting in the attracted to pokemon topic, though actually a May fanboy was flaming. I told him that wasn't fair, because he was attracted to May, and he said "May is a human, pokemon are not". Does that make you guys usually flame-proof, or do some people call you bizarre for being attracted to characters?

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Well, thanks for giving us something to talk about...

First, well, it's not *just* May. See, here we talk about characters that, at the very least, we'd call our 'favorites'. It just so happens that the primary source of our interests was the 'love' part. Thus, this thread tends to attract people who are so interested in one character that they honestly want the character to be real so that they could at least talk to them, if not more. It's sorta like wishing a famous movie star or pop singer was your boyfriend/girlfriend, except that we pretty much accept that, since those are not real, it's all our hearts' desire and nothing more.

Thus, the comparison to 'May fanboys' is a bit wrong. The May fanboys only like her because they think she's hot. We like the characters we like because they're our very favorite characters and we like them.

As for the question, yes, we do get a fair bit of flamers. Check the first couple of pages, for starters.

Thing is, even if we like the characters, it's not as taboo as with a Pokémon because, well, they're still human. They're just not real, like a photograph of a person. Would you say it's wrong to like a photograph of a person you like, if you like them both?

The only difference between us and other people is that we can't meet the real person, so we have to make do. Most of us are pretty rational, anyway.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I actually was saying that I shouldn't be making that generalization. Also, since I am trying to be nice to people who are attracted to anime characters, you should make that same effort for the people who like pokemon. Arguing against them is not what I wanted.

Crystal Clair

It's not like we're even May fanboys/girls. I hate her so much!
The name of this thread is "do you like/love any characters like they were real" not "do you have the hots for a character"
I love Shinji and a bunch of other characters as if they were real. I like Shinji because right now I can relate to him. I'm quiet and often put myself above others and I tend to put people down (sometimes I mean to, sometimes it's an accident)

I used to get flamed a lot IRL for liking anime characters but now its stopped. One of my friends tease me about it but we're friends so it's ok.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Speaking of that... can you please go into more detail about what changed to make you truly love him, now?

Crystal Clair

Speaking of that... can you please go into more detail about what changed to make you truly love him, now?
it was more of a transition. I got used to being in love with Shinji.

It's a coincidence how my health class is studying love and romance. I realize, after looking at a list of infatuation and mature love symptoms that I have an equal amount of each. I guess I switch between being mature and being infatuated with Shinji
However, whenever he is to appear in a future Pokemon episode, I cant help acting like an obnoxious fangirl and squeal.

I haven't feel Phantom_Bugsy here. Did Les Miserables take over her life? (not that that's bad or anything)

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
I see... and who knows; maybe she's gotten herself a new fiancé?

And what is it with me and being an idiot, recently? Gah... anyway, does anyone else want to try and help keep this alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.