• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you like sub, or dub more?

beanDude

Reviewer
I never even knew a sub exists for the US. Does it? I've never found an official release of such a thing.

Update: after checking once more, it seems there's only unofficial subs.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Aahh One Piece English dub My ears.

No I got used to watching Pokemon in English dubbed so I guess I'll say that. I'd say that with Dragon Ball Z and Digimon too. I watched them all first that way. One piece its the other way around for me. Naruto I like both versions, watched Naruto English dubbed than Shippuden in English sub ( You get used to it later) Bleach English dubbed yah.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Sub has been better than the dub since Best Wishes

Diamond and Pearl was the dub's last hurrah and it's been downhill ever since
I agree with this especially when they started replacing most of the original soundrack with music that doesn't fit and my gosh are Korrina's, Lillie's, and Team Rocket's English vas horrible.

TheNewGuy

Sub - generally find Ash's voice unbearable to listen to, sadly. Also it feels like any subtlety in the writing (and it's not a subtle show, but it does have moments) is gone, and the performances become more broad with less scope for more quiet, considered delivery that you get in the original. In the dub, everything seems loud, all the time. Also the music is always better in the original broadcast, by far.

I prefer the original version by so much that I'd actually rather watch it unsubbed, and just kind of figure out what's going on, than watch the dub.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I really enjoyed Brazilian dub cast but that one was completely replaced back in XYZ. The newer casts are good enough but not the same thing
Still, I don't like how they replace most music for the dub. Goldfarb music has a few high points but I end up preferring the japanese music more, especially back when there used to be more game remixes
So I end up preferring the sub nowadays