• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you like the in-battle trainer comments?

Do you like the in-battle comments?

• Total voters

NovaNight

Eternally Eternity
I like them, it makes the battlin seem more realistic and adds some fun to it. But thats just my opinion

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
Who says "I've gotten out of tighter spots than before" when they are down 1 vs. 6. It is annoying since they don't even try sometimes and still act like they are going to beat me. I wish they could program the comments when they make sense

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
I think they give the battle scenes something fresh. I like them.

cradle_of_filth_rock

dub me lord abortion
i think there good it make me laugh when youe just 1 hitted all there pokemon then the go ive gotten out of tighter spots than this before then i just lauf at them when i kill the last 1

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
They could have added more though.

Glitch Mew

I don't like them, there just a extra chance for nintendo to waste even more time.

Biechae

I think they're okay.

Princess Reina

lalala....
Some of them are funny.

Cyrus has cold and original comments My last pokemon - OMG, sexy! XD

I dont like their comments AFTER battle. They usually say You are so strong!, I cant belive how strong you are.... Every noob who plays pokemon hears that.

Kazoo

@people who say it wastes time:
Yeah they should get rid of the trainer comments it wastes too much time, also they should get rid of the battles they are looong, also there are a lot of pokemon they should get rid of those as well, in-fact why not when the title comes up, you press start and the credits roll saying you've completed the game.

In case you didn't realise im being sarcastic.

The trainer comments are there too add more enjoyment to the battles and to make it more like the pokemon world with some interesting dialogue, also you get to know a bit about their characters by what they say.
How can all you guys complain it wastes too much time when you say yourself you one hit all of them?

duncan

I don't mind them, but they are kind of annoying when they say something that doesn't make sense. If they could say more than one thing, then I'd be fine.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Who says "I've gotten out of tighter spots than before" when they are down 1 vs. 6. It is annoying since they don't even try sometimes and still act like they are going to beat me. I wish they could program the comments when they make sense

It's psychological. They figure you're going to win if you can continue to concentrate, so they shake you up and hope that you get overcome with nervousness.

Well, that's probably not why they put that into the game.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I don't usually read them... so............ they're ok I guess.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
It's irritating.

"Ooo, I'm on me last Pogeyman! Let's get all cocky!"