• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you like where you live?

Do you like where you live?

• Total voters

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Simple question, do you like where you live or do you want to get out as soon as possible? And why do you like or not like the place you live in? Things to be considered include: Activities, general culture and attitudes, jobs/opportunities, things to see (E.G. nature, monuments, etc.)

I would say that I enjoy where I live for the most part. There's not a whole lot to do. The only reasons I actually like it are because of the small town setting and there's lots of natural beauty. A bit lacking on jobs and things of that sort though.

So how would you guys rate where you live?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I like it in my house. Yes. I like it where I live.

scorpio108

*click*click*click*
I love where I live
Wide open spaces
Lots of trees
Living next to shamans(sangomas)
yeah its awesome here

Spookz

Lumos
It's Chicago.
Somewhere between Lake Michigan, Wrigley Field, Tom Skilling, Millenium Park, The L, Snowpocalypse, not getting the Olympics in 2016, the theatre, hot dogs, Columbia students dirty hipsters, my university, Oprah, and the history I fell in love.

Everyone seems to think I'll leave after college. That would be a terrible mistake.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I live in Los Angeles. I'd do anything to get out of this city as fast as possible. Even more if I could leave the country.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I actually thought about moving to Chicago a little while back. The idea is still floating around though. I've heard the winters are terribly cold though. I think I would at least like to visit someday. What points do you recommend seeing?

@Shadowsplash what would country would you want to go to?

Ausgirl

^ lemme guess it's the accent right?

I for one wish that I lived in America (NYC) or Canada because I would have more rights over there.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'm from Australia, the Great Southern Land (according to an iconic song by Australian rock band Icehouse).

Where from Australia? I'm from Sydney, the Harbor City!

I currently love where I live... never going anywhere.

Bunches

Grass PKM Trainer
I love it. It's a really small town and there are pretty much no jobs. My graduating class had exactly 50 kids in it so we were all pretty close. It's really scenic and beautiful. At night there are no street lights or lights from buildings so it's really easy to see the sky and the stars. There are lots of little animals everywhere (this morning we had raccoon prints on our porch) and you can hear owls almost every night. Also, since we're practically in the middle of nowhere we can be as loud as we want and no one complains. So as you can imagine, parties are pretty awesome here. We have two resident police officers (we don't have our own police station) who are pretty cool and we have a volunteer fire station. It's a small town and there isn't that much to do but It's one of the few towns around here that is surrounded by trees and flowers and since the town is incredibly stubborn we will continue to live with nature instead of chopping it all down.

After 19 years I still haven't played hide-and-seek in a corn field.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Small town boy from Minnesota. It's alright, although I like being one of a million people instead of having everyone know me.

I plan on moving to Madison or Chicago after I graduate.

Grey Wind

I live in a medium-sized town in the west of Ireland.

I suppose it's alright. I like Ireland, and I won't move to another country, but I doubt I'll stay here. I couldn't see myself living in this town forever. I'll probably move to a bigger city somewhere when I'm older. I like my town though, I just won't live here when I'm older.

Spookz

Lumos
I actually thought about moving to Chicago a little while back. The idea is still floating around though. I've heard the winters are terribly cold though. I think I would at least like to visit someday. What points do you recommend seeing?
Well, the standard tourist traps are a good place to start. Watch a sunset at the top of the Hancock Tower, spend a day at the Museum of Science and Industry, scope out a baseball game. But there's a lot to be said for just wandering around (as long as you avoid the rough neighborhoods). Pilsen is a really great, full of culture, used to be a Polish neighborhood but now it's host to Mexican families and the National Museum of Mexican Art. There's a great mix of old Polish style churches and Mexican styled murals. The Lincoln Park Zoo is completely free, and one of the best zoos I've been to, really well maintained and quite large considering the location. Then, of course, there's Chinatown, Greek Town, Ukrainian Village, Little Italy. River North hosts a ton of art galleries if the Art Institute isn't enough for you. Navy Pier is always fun. And if you're into it, there's so much theatre littered around the city.

Chicago is also really fun...if you're in a good part. There's some weird *** people in Chicage and sometimes it's just way too ghetto. Too many strange and quirky homeless people wandering around. :S
That's part of the charm. You gotta take the good with the bad. No place is perfect.

I plan on moving to Madison or Chicago after I graduate.
Hit me up if you end up in Chi. :p

Aegon

I suppose it's alright. I like Ireland, and I won't move to another country, but I doubt I'll stay here. I couldn't see myself living in this town forever. I'll probably move to a bigger city somewhere when I'm older. I like my town though, I just won't live here when I'm older.
This is pretty much how I feel about where I live, although I'm more open about to moving to another country. If I had to, I'd probably move to England. I'm a bit of an Anglophile.
I quite enjoy being kept prisoner in Ethan's subterranean coitus cave, thanks for asking.
You try too hard now. I remember a time when you'd be amazingly funny, without having to be so obvious.