• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you look back at old posts and get embarrased?

Larry

I saw one of my old posts the other day in the Hack Check thread and I had put down my recent happenings.

Profesco

gone gently
I had nothing better to do today, so I spent a couple of hours digging through Debate's archived threads from late 2007, when I joined. Inspired by this poll, of course.

Man. I miss those times. Ethan and I had a lot of fun in those old debates, like Panda's "Concept of a God" and "Is Imagination more Important than Knowledge?" And I was actually a smarter, kinder, funnier, and all-around better member back then. Sigh.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
I always facepalm at my two-years-ago writing, but it's not as bad as it could be.

I ended up on the OML forums at age seven. I learned how to act like a stupid teenager, and it worked. Actually, it was shame. I was cursing by 8. (yes, I was a little kid in a teenager forum. at least I typed right.)

*sobs*

But if you convince yourself you're a total hotshot on the Internet enough, the day you lose that opinion is the day you grow up. Dunno when that happened, but now I have to beat off Indragon because he's convinced I'm a teenager pretending to be 11.

(true story. I can post the VM's he left me if you want.)

Kyukon_Mars

I don't on this site, only because I haven't been here long enough. I probably wouldn't look back at old posts anyway.

Thinking back to some things I did years ago on other sites, then yes, I am embarrassed.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Not on here, no. Well probably because I don't really look at them. I never have been a big poster here, but I did join during a time where I was overly depressing and stupid for no reason. So I'm sure I made some stupid posts.

What's worst for me is looking through my blogs. Xanga was the worst. And I can't stand to read through even a sentence of those entries. I can't stand to read through anything from back then. I was so stupid, overdramatic, and overall immature and wrong. It's flat out unbearable to read through them. I wish I could go back in time and give myself a huge slap in the face. >_>

Riversong

Buggy down.
Yes, yes. A lot of them are cringe worthy, though rightly so since they were often posted without a second thought.

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Didn't post on here when I joined, but I must say I always feel embarrassed when looking at my first 4000 or so posts on the other forum I frequent. I mean, they weren't really spam as to say, but most of them weren't any longer than a couple of sentences. Just like this one, actually.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Wouldn't say embarrassed. Some of the very first posts I made were dumb, of course, and I didn't know how to type for crap. If it's only like three years ago, though, I have most of the same opinions that I did back then. I just know how to present them better nowadays. =)

Actually, I believe the long time I spent away from this forum made me a bit smarter... or at least, have a calmer mind. Anger ftl. SPPf made me RAAAAAGE back in the day.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

Yes, definitely. I joined back in 2008 and shared an account with my brother and I was 11 and I was stupid and didn't type too well, and it's embarrassing, but amazing how much improved I am, as it is with most people.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Yes, very much so... I'm so embarrassed by some of my older posts that I wish I never even posted them... I put up some stupid stuff. This is probably the reason why I'm so careful about what I put up nowadays, and likely the reason why I don't post much in general.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I don't look back at my posts. I realize I was foolish back in the day, and try to do my best to keep looking forward, as opposed to looking back.

Yes. I can't even go back to the ones I got flamed on easily. :\

I typed correctly in some way, but some words were always capitalized at the beginning, and I had very bad English back then. I also didn't even know how forum works, I thought they were some make a topic and chat about it right away in each post.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I get embarassed when I think about how I blew up on some other people. Sorry those of you who were subject to my rage. :(

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Yeah, though honestly, I don't even remember that I made most of those posts. And the only time I see them is when some fool bumps a several-year-old topic. It's not like I purposely scavenge through old topics for the purpose of feel-good memories or anything.