1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you need to own Gold Silver or Crystal to play the GB tower on the N64?

Discussion in 'Stadium 1 & Stadium 2 (Hidden)' started by ZF911, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZF911

ZF911 Well-Known Member

I want to get stadium 2, but do you have to own Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, or Crystal if you want to play them through emulation via the GB tower?

I want GSC, but the dead battery thing would be an issue.

And if you don't have to own the game, can you transfer Pokemon to the Stadium from the GB tower?

2. Well, yes, you have to have G/S/C to play on the GB Tower (I can't remember if R/B/Y would). And you don't need to use the GB Tower to transfer pokemon into Statium, but you will need one of those games to transfer at all. I recommend buying Crystal if you don't have one. It's the only one out of the three who's batteries that are less likely to have died yet IMO.

Someone else will have to verify this since I'm going by memory...

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Now... maybe I'm misunderstanding the question here... but if you don't have a 1st or 2nd generation Game Boy title to play via the GB Tower's emulation feature...

...then what else, exactly, do you think one would use the GB Tower for?

4. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

Pokemon stadium and Pokemon stadium 2 are useless without a GB-N64 connector and R/B/Y or G/S/C.

If you buy it alone, you're stuck with rentals.

And Pokemon stadium 2 R2 is HELL with rentals.

But the minigames are nice.

The Lickitung one was sheer awesomeness.

5. ZF911

ZF911 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks.

I wasn't trying to be a freeloader, I just want to play Gold Silver and Crystal so bad, but I don't trust myself to replace the battery when it dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.