• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you [perfer the 4Kids cast of the currrent cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Do you perfer the 4Kids cast of the currrent cast?

Do you want the 4Kids VA back or do you like the current cast? I honestly don't mind the new cast at all and fail to see why people dislike them. Ash is now really good and Jessie and James pretty much sound like Eric and Rachel. Now Mewoth I am on on the halfway point about. I don't mind it but I do realized even without the voice switch it would happen due to Maddie's sudden passing in 08. Bedsides were voice was really special so sounding like her is hard as hell.
I don't know why people claim 4Kids va cast was epic when the complain about the same people in other dubs they have done.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't mind the new VA either. Its also been like 5 years or so since they started so I've gotten used to them.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
4Kids VAs were wayyyy better. They really were emotionally involved in the show. Eric Stuart (James/Brock), Rachael Lillis (Jessie/Misty, her role as Jessie was the best in my opinion), etc were amazing at their roles.

TPCi do an ok job, I kind of like how Sarah Natochenny does a slightly more mature voice for Ash, it allows me to at least imagine Ash has aged slightly during the shows duration. Other than that, they really don't compare to the older cast. The older cast were clearly much more passionate and involved in the show, Eric Stuart (as James) and the old writers would often slip in a few comments/refererences that only the shows mature fans would understand or notice ("Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil, Leo Burnett!", or my favorite TR motto yet:

"We have no appointment but we've been having some trouble!"
"So prescribe us some ointment on the double."
"To protect us from all that chaffing and itching."
"It might finally stop all of Jessies... complaining. (you know what he was going to say xD)")

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I liked 4Kids and the jokes too but I don't think they should return. Since Eric quit VA and Maddie died it would just not seem right to have the old cast back.

randomspot555

They really were emotionally involved in the show. Eric Stuart (James/Brock), Rachael Lillis (Jessie/Misty, her role as Jessie was the best in my opinion), etc were amazing at their roles.

Emotionally evolved? I doubt it. They probably recorded from a studio, not even on the same day as the other VAs, possibly not even in the same studio.

("Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil, Leo Burnett!",

I can't believe someone actually believes in this crap.

i like ash's old voice better than the new one.
i don't know about the others because it's been awhile since I've heard them.
Pokemon is the only good anime that 4kids has dubbed, some of the other animes that 4kids dubbed are over-edited for younger kids or for replacing Japanese food with American food. <_<

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I can't believe someone actually believes in this crap.

Uh, it's fact. Not crap. Sillyhead.

Anyway, basically, new VAs are awful and disgraced the show and are one of the main causes as to why I stopped watching the show.

The old cast felt for the show in a sense that they wanted there characters to appear entertaining and humorous and passionate about their dreams! It just seems to me that the new VAs are handed a script and just breeze through it to get it done, not caring about the careful touch needed to make a compelling scene/character.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I don't know why people claim 4Kids va cast was epic when the complain about the same people in other dubs they have done.

That's because Pokemon was, and still is OVA, whereas most other dubbed material 4Kids made was for anime based on manga... and I guess the voices just don't suit the characters very well.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The old voices won't ever return, its been over 5 years. Eric Stuart also retired from voice acting.

Well they did return though. Just not as there old roles. Rachel did Maylene and Lisa has done some characters.

CupidKirby

Other than Ash, I don't mind the new voices. And Sarah isn't that bad either.

4kids' crappy dubbing suited Pokemon but messed up almost every other show they've done. Not that I want it back; I still prefer PUSA's overall dubbing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well they did return though. Just not as there old roles. Rachel did Maylene and Lisa has done some characters.

Lisa Ortiz never did any major characters. And Rachael did one Gym leader back in 2008, not a big deal.

Also, what old characters? Ash, Jessie and James are the only characters left in the show now.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I don't mind the new VA either. Its also been like 5 years or so since they started so I've gotten used to them.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
get over it noobs! although i would like to see a different va for james!! i hate jame's voice OMFG! ash is pretty cool but ill admit veronica is better

Buchou

filch some swag
While I miss the old VAs, they are never coming back. It's been nearly 5 and quite honestly, there has been improvement. The old VAs will hold a dear place in my heart but the new ones have grown on me, to say the least.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
I miss the 4kids VA's very much they were more emotionally involved. While Ash's new VA is more mature and deeper I just can't imagine that voice being attached to Ash. They probably won't be coming back but the new ones aren't terrible. Just the 4kids were far superior in my opinion.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Lisa Ortiz never did any major characters. And Rachael did one Gym leader back in 2008, not a big deal.

Also, what old characters? Ash, Jessie and James are the only characters left in the show now.

Oak,Delia and Mewoth

randomspot555

Uh, it's fact. Not crap. Sillyhead.[/quote[

Okay, here's how subliminal messages work. When you're told "OMGZERS IT TOTALLY SAYS [crazy conspiracy crap here]!", then, SURPRISE, you'll hear whatever crazy crap that person just told you was there.

The fact is, like any audio that is played backwards, it's just a bunch of garbled nonsense. That's what it is

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I'd like to see TPCI do more clever (I guess you could say) things with the dialogue like 4kids did sometimes, but I don't think I'd want them back entirely. And considering that there's only like four characters in the show now who're were around when 4kids was dubbing (correct me if I've miscounted) there's not really a point in bringing the old actors back...

Status
Not open for further replies.