• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you plan on having kids?

Do you plan on having kids?

• Yes

Votes: 75 40.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.4%
  • Maybe/undecided

Votes: 47 25.1%
  • Already do!

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Preggers

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Yeah, probably three or four. Kids are awesome. They're fascinating little human beings. Plus, I kind of think pregnancy is one of the coolest things ever.

Houka

Yeah I would love a kid maybe two to bad it kinda hard for that to really happen to me.

DjangoCribbs

If I do decide to have children I'd probably adopt come to think of it ... Second, by adopting I can skip the baby part. Babies are annoying. I'd prefer a kid around 7 or 8 years old. Still cute and adorable, potty trained, and enough brain development under their belt to where they can be semi-reasoned with.

Be careful with that one. I applaud you for considering adoption over having your own offspring, I think more people should do likewise.
However a child who's been through the adoption system has often had quite a difficult and troubled life up to that point. The foster system can be a real roller-coaster.
So you might be skipping over those rather distasteful stages (I hear you, I refused to change my nephew's nappies) but the trade-off is that your initial years with the youngster might be something of a battle.
I don't say any of this to dissuade you, not at all. Just be sure you know full well what you're going into. That said, adoption can be a lengthy and exhaustive process now. Largely because of the problems that have occurred in the past. I'm almost certain all this would be covered.

I can't imagine anything worse than any of you filthy pieces of scum having kids.

We need to strengthen the quality of our breed, and the best way to do that is through sterilising the offspring of the weak.

What a contradiction!

No, not a contradiction in the slightest. An extreme view, yes. But no contradiction.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Not legitimate ones.

Didn't you father half the new members Grizzly?

I think if it's meant to happen then it'll happen, but for the moment no i don't see kids in my immediate future.

I can't imagine anything worse than any of you filthy pieces of scum having kids.

We need to strengthen the quality of our breed, and the best way to do that is through sterilising the offspring of the weak.

If that means sterilising trolls, i'm all for it :)

Last edited:
Well I almost had a kid once and now that I'm living a different life I don't see any legitimate children coming from these loins.

But I would make a great father one day, so hopefully I'll adopt later in my life. I'd really enjoy it I think.

julabard

I already have a 1 yr old and a 3yr old, both boys. The eldest has already finished the story modes in Platinum, Sapphire and Black - he can now tell me the odd piece of info that even I didn't know! His mother isn't too happy that he spends most of his time playing Pokemon, hahahahaa. I don't mind, the stats part helps him with his maths and the words obviously encourage his reading! He's getting Pokemon Soul Silver for his birthday in August so he can finally get his favoutite Pokemon... GROUDON!

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
Only adoption, i absolutely cant stand kids in the first few years.

Canada

Banned

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
No, I do not plan on having children of my own. I'll ask my sister to have one-two more for me.

I do have a paternal urge, however, and my first instinct on seeing a person younger than myself is to nourish and educate them.

While I might not be a biological parent, I would one day like to become successful in a new field and be a mentor many young people, especially disadvantaged youth from around the world. I can be a parent in a mentorship way.

Neriifur

I made a decision when I was 8 years old that I would never have children, and I don't "plan" to just stick to that, I "will" stick to that. I'll enjoy the life of playing video games and doing other things instead of reproducing.

ebevan91

I made a decision when I was 8 years old that I would never have children, and I don't "plan" to just stick to that, I "will" stick to that. I'll enjoy the life of playing video games and doing other things instead of reproducing.

Because once you have kids you're not allowed to do anything else ever?

Neriifur

Because once you have kids you're not allowed to do anything else ever?

Never said that, nor did I imply that. I pretty much just said straight out that I'll never reproduce and I'll enjoy having all the free time I want. Personally that's a much more enjoyable life for me, because I don't like children.