• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you plan on having kids?

Do you plan on having kids?

• Yes

Votes: 75 40.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.4%
  • Maybe/undecided

Votes: 47 25.1%
  • Already do!

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Preggers

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Taavetti

Bad Scientist
I don't plan on it. Only if I end up being fairly wealthy and in a good marriage. The chances of either are pretty slim, so I assume the worst case scenario for now. Plus, I highly doubt that I would make a decent parent anyway.

Of course, I could be pressured into it. I would never have more than two in any scenario. My family has a history of several genetic problems, so I'm more inclined to adopt in this scenario.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I don't really know.... I suppose I'd like to have my own family someday, but I'm a little discouraged by how much of a hassle growing kids can be. Also I'm kinda terrified of giving birth...
I'll better marry an infertile man so we can adopt lol.

I guess I will see things differently when I'll find the right person and manage to have a somewhat stable romantic/financial situation. At least that's what I hope.

If I ever will have my own children someday though, I already know I'm going to be the overprotective super-nervous type of parent XD

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Nope.

I'm not fit to have kids with my disabilities.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I do yes, someday in the future. But I want to get married and have a good job first.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
I don't plan on having children of my own. I'm pretty young to be making decisions such as whether or not to have children, but I'm standing behind my choice. I've never been a fan of small children, even though I was one at one point in my life. They're just a hassle and more of a burden than anything, and I feel that they would hinder most if not all of my skills and capabilities. Although I've heard quite a few mothers praise the "miracle" of childbirth, it doesn't take away from the fact that the first 18 years will be hell for any mother/family. However, if I manage to find myself in a situation where my future partner would prefer to have children, I would consider adoption. There are plenty of kids in this world that need a home, and though they may annoy me, I'd be happy to shelter some of them.

MrRoo

March towards love
When I'm married, yes...but for now I go where life directs me.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
No, at least not yet. I want to enjoy my youth and have fun while I'm still young. I want to finish my education so that I can provide for my family when I do decide to tie the knot and have kids. I also want to meet the perfect girl, I'm not just gonna have kids with anyone. I know it's a tough choice but this is something I will want eventually, I am really good with kids and I've been told I would be a good father.
I'm just waiting for the right girl like I previously stated because I feel like that's the most important thing, you should be with the "one", I know its a cliche but it's true. Because then you end up marrying the wrong person and then you'll regret it later plus the children shouldn't have to go through that. But for now I want to live life like George Clooney, be a womanizer, live the single life, and share a bromance with Brad Pitt lol.

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I plan on having kids later. I want to have my student loan paid back before I get a GF. Less expenses mean I will be able to contribute more money toward the children's future.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
No.
I mean, at the same time, I want a bigger family and maybe someone who can carry on this side of the family, but I can't see myself going through all of that.
Not sure if I would adopt either.

Mister_SGG

I need someone to pass down the legacy of my badassery, but at the same time... I really don't like children. He would need to be born at like 20 years old

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
Definitely! But I need to find Mr. Right first, he's been hiding for a long time now....

But I also want a career in Chemical Engineering first, so no kids in the near future!

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Yes but only once I get the other aspects of my life taken care of first.

I want the enviroment my child/ren are born into to be well maintained, comfortable, and able to provide the little one with as much of a future as possible.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I do think it would be really neat to have kids, but I do not believe it is going to happen... for a variety of pretty big reasons.

So I can't say I plan to. =(

Hamichu

The Hammiest
I'd like to say yes, but that would have to wait until I find a mate that would want to look at me, let alone touch me.

So what I'm saying is I'll probably never have kids.