• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you prefer British or American spelling?

Do you use the British or American spellings?

• American

Votes: 62 34.4%
  • British

Votes: 72 40.0%
  • Sometimes both, sometimes neither?

Votes: 46 25.6%

• Total voters

Erienne

Anime high :D
Do you use "favour" or "favor"? "Color" or "Colour"? "Yoghurt" or "Yogurt"? I'm sorry, I am bored right now. I use British spelling usually, because the English language is technically from England, and their English technically would be the correct English.

mangaeyes

I'm British so I use British spelling. America seems to have taken all complicated or different words and change them so that they are spelled EXACTLY how they're said. I just don't think thats necessary.

mangaeyes

I remember I was playing a game and you had to select a language and for the English language they had an American flag!!!

You must be bored if your making such a stupid thread.
You must be bored if you're making such a stupid post.

Mankanshoku Mako

Do you use "favour" or "favor"? "Color" or "Colour"? "Yoghurt" or "Yogurt"? I'm sorry, I am bored right now. I use British spelling usually, because the English language is technically from England, and their English technically would be the correct English.

You must be bored if your making such a stupid thread.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
American because I'm ignorant :)

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
American english is just a simplised version of the real language, i mean come on why would you pronounce aluminium as Alu min num? Daft if you ask me.

I use english :D

Spookz

Lumos
I prefer the British spellings, as it makes more sense to me for whatever reasons. But I use the American way of spelling simply because it's a habit (i.e. English teachers insist on using the American spellings and dock points otherwise -- despite the fact that it's still correct).

ForeverFlame

I use a mix. I mainly use American, but since I'm from Canada I do use British spelling for some words that make no sense in America.

Like catalogue. I think it looks better with the "ue" at the end. There are a few more examples, but I'm too lazy to go on wiki to dig them up.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Well, I admit I prefer British spelling, as it makes more sense, but I still use American.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Sense im american naturally i would pick the American version.

Although, niether make sense unlike what Zonn13 said.

Knife..
Scissors..
Pneumonia (see, cant even spell it right... riGHt?)
honestly can we just do what Mark Tawn suggested and make everything spelt like it sounds?

sownd?
nife
sissers
rite
wite
blak
etc.

screw this nationality pride crap.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I use British spellings because I am British. What annoys me with Americanization is aluminum. It's aluminium. What is the purpose of removing the 'i'?

mangaeyes

Yeah and they seem to dumb down words so that they're spelled exactly how they're said.

No offence though.