• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you prefer manga that use the game storyline or that have their own?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Do you prefer original characters or game character counterparts for protagonists?

shengar

Silent reader
Well, how about a mixture of both? The protagonist is original character but the game character also appear either as side character or just a cameo.

matt0044

I like both. One as an adaptation and the other as a whole new take on Pokemon.

Depends. I liked Pokemon Thief 7 despite its wildly different premise because it was still Pokemon at the core, with friendships and partnerships and battles, as well of having an interesting cast of characters. I really wish it could've gone beyond a single volume.

Meanwhile, I'm really not digging Reburst because I find it to be a horribly generic shonen series that has Pokemon slapped on as an afterthought. Main male character is flat as hell and the main female character never lets her Pokemon out to breathe no matter what kind of danger she's in.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Like TheViolentTomboy above me said it depends. Some original stories can be nice but they can also suck. It depends if they can make it good or not. I'm fine with game storylines as lone as they can tweak a few things.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I prefer mangas based on the games since I really look forward to seeing how they handle my favourite characters and the storyline. I don't know if I could get that excited about a manga that had mostly original characters and storylines.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Both to be precise. Same character designs, possibly names, but different storyline. I think there's no fun or surprise when the manga follow the games, since I have beat many storylines in the games.

But the manga that follows the storyline have unique twists. Like in D/P adventures, the contest judge, Dexter, doesn't kick the player out of the contest. Even for such a humorous reason!

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Like TheViolentTomboy above me said it depends. Some original stories can be nice but they can also suck. It depends if they can make it good or not. I'm fine with game storylines as lone as they can tweak a few things.
I agree, I really enjoyed the kingdom hearts manga is it kinda follows the game close. Pokemon special always amazes me and I love the fact that it doesn't follow the game that close.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I prefer manga having their own characters. Nothing beats the original ^^