• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you prefer Pokémon Special following the game, or doing it’s own thing?

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
So back in early 1st to 3rd Generation, Pokemon Special would take many liberty, such as adding its own characters, making its own plot line, and would adapt some characters to be a villain. However, as of now, the manga hardly makes any new character, instead makes do with whatever characters from the game they got. So would you prefer if Pokémon Special makes up their own thing, or follow very closely to the games?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I still prefer the Pokemon Adventures manga to be a faithful adaptation of the games while maintaining it's creative liberties but I also do sometimes wish that Kusaka or maybe another team of writers would get together and create a series of side-stories expanding the Pokemon Adventures universe, like the Pokemon Rangers, Todd Snap, Red's Mega Evolution Training, what's Yellow been up to, maybe some one-shots similar to the Mt. Silver training special showing how the Battle Frontier Tournament went down, Sapphire's battle with Norman or Platinum's battle with Palmer.

BenLee really not taken

Speaking of plot in Pokémon game, if the Pokémon game themselves, has a deep story, such as BW and SM, do you think it is harder for Kusaka to adapt it into his manga? I did hear how SM was the most difficult to write, back in an interview.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Speaking of plot in Pokémon game, if the Pokémon game themselves, has a deep story, such as BW and SM, do you think it is harder for Kusaka to adapt it into his manga? I did hear how SM was the most difficult to write, back in an interview.
I think that most story surrounded by Lile as more main character as you as player barely have story to your self unlike most pre-sun and moon games.

To be honest there is reason reason why i like that anime show is getting less about the game plot as more about the world of Pokemon and the human .
Think kusaka and his art team did great job to the show game stuff but he isn't that fateful to the classic pocket monsters game stuff as you guy like think so .

Last edited:

BenLee really not taken

I think that most story surrounded by Lile as more main character as you as player barely have story to your self unlike most pre-sun and moon games.

To be honest there is reason reason why i like that anime show is getting less about the game plot as more about the world of Pokemon and the human .
Think kusaka and his art team did great job to the show game stuff but he isn't that fateful to the classic pocket monsters game stuff as you guy like think so .
Yes...but when the anime has to show every Pokémon, it would lead to fillers.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Last edited: