1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer pokemon gold or silver to their remakes?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by *futachimaru*, Jan 22, 2012.

1. *futachimaru*

*futachimaru* Music Maker/ Dreamer

I have played both and i think heartgold is better

what do you think?

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Remakes > originals. Because HGSS don't have a suicidal internal battery of doom!

3. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

Yes and because they were better when they were remade or at least thats my opinion. They are both fun to play though.

4. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Trader and Battler

remakes. Glad they did one because it SS became my fav pokemon game

5. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

I like both, but I like HG a little bit more cos of the improved graphics, the choice of being able to play as a girl (that was only introduced in Crystal), and of course the PKMN following you around thing. I wish GF kept the last one...

6. SuperEpicRock

SuperEpicRock Well-Known Member

Remakes, no contest. Better graphics, improved safari zone, Hoenn/kanto starters, Battle Frontier, Need I go on?
    Plus, I've only played the originals a couple of times, so I have nothing really to compare them to.

7. DarkCharizard2

DarkCharizard2 Vae Victis

I thinkHeartGold is better. Nintendo took Gold and improved upon it, so it is just naturally better. The following pokes are just awesome.

8. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I prefer the remakes over the originals. With that said, I think all of the Johto games are the worst games in the series, but the remakes are definitely better in my opinion since they improved a lot of things from the originals. But not enough to make them as good as the other games that have been released after the original Johto games.

9. iloveicebeam

iloveicebeam Well-Known Member

i like the original better.

10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

The remakes are really good remakes. But unfortunately, it'll never have the same excitement the originals did in discovering new Pokémon, a new region, going back to Kanto (after learning that was its name), battling the Gym Leaders of old, all the great stuff that made the Johto games awesome. The twist of a secret boss of the Johto games was what sealed it for me in the games. I've since then looked forward to more hints of continuity in the other games, and wondered what more jaw-dropping moments I'll have. All thanks to Silver.

Also, Gold/Silver just have this aura of nostalgia to it that the remakes tried to recreate. They succeeded, but it's not the same. That's what keeps me returning to my old Silver for a short time.

11. Necro101

Necro101 Well-Known Member

No I think the remake is better because just cause I say so.

RAWK ON

12. Jameson1

Jameson1 Mes amis

I'd say the Originals purely because of nostalgia. But I thought the remakes were incredible; several times when playing through HG I thought "THIS is how you remake an aged game."

13. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

It's hard to judge remakes to their originals, as they are bound to be better updated by the time they're re-released.

Based on my original run through each one, I had a better time with the originals. It was just more magical at the time... I miss those days.

14. Entreri10

Entreri10 Well-Known Member

I prefer Heartgold but I admit that crystal was my favorite over the originals and remakes.

15. bushie

bushie Well-Known Member

the remakes better graphics and the story had more depth finding out more about your rival and team rocket but i appreciate the classics

16. silverwolf922

silverwolf922 U lieks Oshawott

The remake was better. But, as Kutie Pie said, there's no way to bring back the excitement from the original games.

17. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Sinnoh Trainer

I prefer the remakes just because its updated and I dont have to boot up the old dusty GBA Advance and battle friends with a wire. Also you can get pokemon from DpPt.

18. Kays

Kays Lati-twins <3

I prefer HeartGold. That's the game that I bought. I don't remember the exact reasons, but I did extensive research. No need to buy two games and having to repeat progress on both.

19. Krick88

Krick88 Well-Known Member

Hahaha yeah definitely a good point there!

I easily prefer the remakes. The graphics and sounds are so superior to what they used to be. It's amazing how much the technology has changed and advanced in these few short years.

When I picked up HG, I felt like I was reliving every heart pounding adventure I encountered with my Silver version when I was little. The remakes have everything that made the second generation games perfect, and more! I can't get over it!

20. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

I liked the remakes the best.
    mostly because of the nostalgic feeling that Gold and Silver gave me in the first place