• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you prefer pokemon gold or silver to their remakes?

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
I liked the remakes (SS to be exact) because it's awesome, and my Silver/Gold/Crystal's internal battery always died

Randomness

He is already here.
Whoa, not much love for the originals..

I do like the remakes better though, like everyone else.

Ver-mont

Gold and Silver will always have a special place in my heart, but I like the remakes a lot more.

The originals were my favorite Pokemon games, but I much prefer their remakes. These are very nicely done remakes; they stayed true to the originals, and they added so many extra features. I love the fact that your Pokemon follow you. It gives them a little more personality I think. I also love the improved graphics, the improved box system, and the fact that you can catch the Kanto legendaries as well as a few of the Hoenn legends. There is so much content in these games. HeartGold is now my favorite Pokemon game of all time. :D

Osha Say What?

I love both the original games and the remakes. I played and beat, several times, Silver, and I played, but couldn't get past Claire, HeartGold. I ordered SoulSilver off EBay a couple of days ago, and I'm expecting to get it some time this week. I'd love to play Silver, but it got lost along with my GBA during my move a couple of years ago, so the only way I'd be able to play Silver again would be with a ROM and an emulator. Silver has a lot of nostalgia for me, but I loved the updated graphics of HeartGold. I can't wait to get my copy of SoulSilver.

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
Well both... I love the classics. But the new[er] graphics, are awesome. I'd have to go with The re-makes though...

Tamsy

My hat's off to them on this one. You couldn't ask for a better remake in my own opinion. They brought back damn near everything that made the originals great while maintaining the atmosphere of a gen IV game. And I'm not against any of the new features they added either.

dragon user

I did love g\s but i prefer the remakes for the updates and little added bit and still keeping the same story line.

Cosmos

Remakes, better graphics, more variety of stuff to encounter, etc.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I never liked the original Gold & Silver. To me, they are the less interesting and creative Pokémon games.

But the remakes managed to be quite entertaining to play.

I've played both Silver and Soulsilver, but even though the remakes have better graffics and a bunch of other bonuses, it was a magical thing to play silver when I was a kid. Nothing can beat that

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I prefer the remakes

I don't know how many lifers there are out there, but as a kid I played blue, red, and yellow on a black and white original gameboy. I still remember the first moment getting silver & gold along with a purple color gameboy for my 8th birthday. The very first moment seeing the game and stepping out of the house into a colored town with blue water and green grass and the red fire on the back of cynidqils sprite was mind boogling. I like the remakes, but Gold and Silver where an absurdly amazing improvement over Gen I, which HG and SS weren't.

Gold and Silver all the way! :)

vespiqueen

Crystal was my first Pokemon game, so I definitely have a soft spot for it and I think the Gym Leaders were tougher in G/S/C but I love the remakes! The graphics are 10 times better and I liked the Pokeathlon.

Kall El

..Silence..
The original GSC will always be looked at for their nostalgic appeal.
But on a serious level, HGSS are far superior.
The graphics, music and feel of the game is updated but still has the nostalgic Johto feel.
Plus, Johto is expanded and less squashed, Pokeathlon, Pokemon following you around - the list goes on and on.
The remakes are far superior, IMO one of the, if not the best titles of the franchise.