• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you prefer the anime cries or game cries?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
The cries in the game do sound similar to their names, though. They're either their name, their name extended by a syllable, or a part of their name. So, a Pikachu could say something like "Pika-Pika" using it's game cry.

I prefer the game cries. I'd rather hear a Piplup talk to you by using it's game voice rather then anime voice.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
They sound really weird in the anime, especially Roserade. In some girl's voice "Rose-RADE!" They just say their names, except a few. Kingler and Krabby actually sound kinda crab-like in a way... Staryu says "hiya!" and Starmie makes the sound your car makes when you have the keys in the ignition when the driver's door is open.

pokemaster001

the games are more realistic, seeing as we don't name dogs woofs and cats meows
also because technically that means they have humanlike voices instead of just noises, dogs definetiely do NOT sound like a person recording their voice with sound effects

No. 1 Machop Fan

I think the animé cries are cute. The game cries sound too... electronic.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
The game's cries.
Because I don't watch the anime anymore.
And I much prefer the sound in games because they are cool, and some are funny or weird (kricketune anyone?) Cx The anime doesn't make cries like those.
So the games by far.

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
Game cries
'Specially Shaymins, xD It amuses me ^^

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I prefer the game cries, they're cool and diverse and actually sound like what their looks indicate. Most of the anime ones are quite stupid and sound like humans repeating their names over and over.

Last edited:
Game cries. Cuz there's nothing as awesome as the sound of a Froslass or Cradily in-game.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I prefer the game cries, they're cool and diverse and actually sound like what their looks indicate. Most of the anime ones are quite stupid and sound like humans repeating their names over and over.

Now that you mention it, Ludicolo's Animé cry does annoy me. Because they have the same voice actor, it sounds way too much like Butch of Team Rocket.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I like the anime cries better.

The only cries I think think are better than the games are Staryu and Starmie. The rest goes to the games.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Depends. I really like shaymin's cry in the game.
But the rest go to the anime... regigigas' cry, in the game, is just scary...

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I like the game cries more, but I love the anime cries for legendaries, especially for Lugia and Moltres.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Game cries for me because they sound more 'natural' and somewhat realistic to me.
I compared Blaziken's cry in the games when I first heard it's anime cry in the Deoxys movie. Blaziken sounds too much of a brawling human in the anime.

Blue Steel

Deathstars fanatic
Animé cries are more realistic I guess, while some of the game cries are awesome. Personally I prefer animé. Dialga's in-game cry is screwy and so are a lot of others.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
I think it should be game cries hands down. HANDS DOWN.
Game cries easily win. I've actually really stopped watching the anime because of the darn cries... that have just gotten worse over the years.

Episodes 1-15, the cries actually sounded ok

Vs Pidgey: It made a bird Sound
Vs: Spearow: It made a nonridiculous spearow yell
Vs: Brock : He had a good onix cry or yell w/e but the geodude was ridiculous

It gets worse later on... like roserade as the guy said

Animé cries are more realistic I guess, while some of the game cries are awesome. Personally I prefer animé. Dialga's in-game cry is screwy and so are a lot of others.

I would lol if they writers did this:

Ash: Hey guys look it's dialga!!

Dialga: In high pitched girl voice *Dialgaaa Dialgaaaa*
Ash: It seems to be..... whatever

Totokip

Black Triangle
game cries,no anime whatsoever.pikachu pratically sayspikabolt in the game,PIKAchu and bolt for pikachu's type.

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
I prefer the game cries for most pokemon but some pokemon like Charizard or Steelix who roar in the anime, are much better in my opinion.