1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you preorder?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Sham, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham Aang could never

I typically only did it with Naruto Storm games and Pokémon. I know a lot of people are against it in case the games are trash but if a game has a good track record to me I don’t mind doing it.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I mostly preorder the core Pokémon games but have preorder other games for preorder bonuses or promotional items.

3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

I've pre-ordered Pokemon games before. Generally for extras.

4. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I preorder just so I can be sure I have the game as driving 45 minutes to see an anticipated game sold out is frustrating

WishIhadaManafi5 and Sham like this.
  5. Sham

Sham Aang could never

Yeah, I don't feel like waiting in line either but sadly mine isn't coming until 8pm

Ignition likes this.
  6. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I don't preorder, I preload. I wanna be playing the games I'm hyped for by 7am on launch day.

7. Sham

Sham Aang could never

As much as I hate to admit it. I hate how long it takes to download (which is weird because mine isn't coming until night). I remember Breath Of the Wild Taking like 3 hours.

8. Hydrangea

Hydrangea Eternally Pouty Staff Member Moderator

I always preorder, be it games, vinyl, controllers, etc.

Gamestop/EB Games has a very good return policy if you end up hating a game you preordered (A full week to return it and get a full refund). I'm a sucker for owning physical copies of things so I've always been one to do it this way.

I ended up preordering the new Rose Gold PS4 controller from Amazon and I'm honestly sad it's not here yet but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to nab one in store. ;~;

I also have an album preordered through our local record store.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. Captain Jigglypuff

The only other game series I tend to preorder is Nintendo Labo. I preordered a couple of Amiibos and I’m glad that I did in the case of the Pearl and Marina duo pack and all of the Kirby Planet Robobot Amiibos. They ended up being harder to find in my area with the Kirby and Waddle Dee being the most commonly found on the shelf. I preordered the Link Awakening Amiibo more so I could fully utilize the Dungeon Maker feature to its fullest extent.

10. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

Sometimes I do preorder games. Course the last time I preordered a game was for a game that came out back in January of this year. Said game being Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.

11. alexsandro22

alexsandro22 Member

I never preorder. Don't want to make a mistake

12. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I've only pre-ordered a game once and that was back when SoulSilver came out because I wanted the special Lugia figurine. Other than that, I don't bother pre-ordering games since the bonuses rarely interest me.

13. malcolm_n

malcolm_n Pokemon Collector

I pre-ordered both of the new pokemon games as soon as they were announced. I also tend to preorder WoW expansions, and I'm trying to work myself up to pre-order the deluxe version of Final Fantasy VII remake.

Also, my wife loves Animal Crossing, so we had to preorder the new one for her. :)

14. Captain Jigglypuff

I preordered SoulSilver too and my figure was broken. Then my DS and games got stolen from me. I still preorder Pokémon games each time they are announced.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  15. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

If I have to get my mitts on a game when it releases, or when the preorder gift is inticing, then yes.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  16. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

Sometimes if there's a special game that I'm excited for, I'll pre-order. I have The Last of Us pre-ordered for example. I pre-ordered SwSh because I knew I'd end up wanting both anyway. And I doubt the price will significantly drop before January at the earliest.

But for most games, I'd rather wait a few months for the price to drop. Sometimes I can be swayed with exclusive DLC, if its more content rather than just something cosmetic. But I never bother with massively expensive pre-orders. So many games expect you to pay £200 for a about £20 worth of DLC, a steelbook and a cheap plastic figurine or whatever.

17. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I always preorder the new mainline Pokémon game. I already have Pokémon Sword preordered along with The Last of Us 2 and Final Fantasy 7 remake. I don't preorder this often, but there's some very great titles coming out that I'm extremely stoked for.

18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I pre-order games just so there's a copy for me. Though only Pokemon BW-USM(Didn't pre-order Let's Go lol; It's also the only game I have one version of, never got Eevee), Red Dead 2, GTA V, Far Cry 5/New Dawn, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Saints Row 3/4 have that honor thus far. And Outer Worlds... but that's not out yet
    But those are all games I KNEW I'd play again and again.... and I have.

I rarely buy games new anymore in general, only games from franchises I love. With Fallout 76 being the sole exception, it'll be free on either PS or Live one day so why bother? lol
    Assassin's Creed, I wait until the Gold edition goes on sale. Did that with Odyssey and it was $50 well spent! Doing that with Kingdom too! Gaming's just too expensive nowadays. Wait a month on Ubisoft games, you'll usually save $20-40 and not miss out on anything. They usually repeat the 'limited events' so don't think you need to rush

I'm tempted by Watch Dogs Legion.... I love the franchise, but this 'no main character' thing is a major turn off. And they really need to show more gameplay or at least a hint of the actual main story. Plus.... no Aiden once again. Or Marcus... or Jordi... or Wrench... Right now I'm waiting on a sale. Had it been Watch Dogs 3 with Aiden(Or an AC reference; the modern descendant of Jacob Frye) in London.... hell yeah, I'd have pre-ordered it!

I have the SWSH double pack pre-ordered, have had it done for months. I'm ready to throw my money at DP remakes soon as they are announced, but I'm not pre-ordering SWSH sequels if the Dexit thing is still there, sorry but there's no excuse for the sequels to not have the rest!

I actually picked up Just Cause 4 last week, and now that Hitman 2's finished with its content I expect the price will drop fairly soon to a more comfortable price. I have great patience on waiting, finally bought that lame Saints Row spin-off Agents of Mayhem for $5 with all the DLC too last month!

For the foreseeable future, only DP remakes, Saints Row 5, GTA VI(ce City), and Far Cry 6 are getting pre-ordered. Too early for RDR 3 lol

19. Platina2000

Platina2000 Well-Known Member

For me, it depends on the game. Anything Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pokemon...those are my main three franchises I preorder. I once had the special edition of Final Fantasy 15 preordered, but because I ran into finance issues at the time, I had to cancel and order just the game itself. Unfortunately, because I used half my money for an eventual tooth repair a week ago, I'm barred, once again, from preordering anything until I get my card paid off again, 6 months from now. Sad, because I was looking to preorder Pokemon Sword. I still got the Final Fantasy VII remake preordered from Amazon, and I'm hoping I'll have my dentist bill paid off by then.

20. DDemonRose

DDemonRose Member

I never preorder games because the only upside is getting gifts for doing so, but most of the time even that incentive doesn't motivate me to preorder.