• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Read Comic Books or Watch Comic-Based Movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is where this should go??? Anyway, comic books. Do you read them? Or perhaps you prefer the movie versions? I may prefer the movie adaptations of comic books, especially the MCU and X-Men movies, but I also happen to own a couple comics and a graphic novel. The comics I own are Harley Quinn #1 and #2 (in the DC Rebirth series) and Extraodinary X-Men: X-Haven. So do you read comics or watch the comic book movies?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
DC I read the comics, Marvel I watch the movies

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I used to be heavy into doing comic book art. I was also a avid comic reader. I'm thinking about getting back into comics again at some point.

Nowadays I watch the DC/Marvel shows and movies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've read many Marvel comics, especially while in high school cuz my boyfriend at the time read them too and comics were one of the few things we had in common hee hee. I usually watch DC movies rather than read DC comics tho.

SmartD

A little bit of both. I watch movies based on comic books, sometimes DC and sometimes Marvel. And I read comic books on other things besides superheroes. Currently I'm reading Usagi Yojimbo.

Jinjer

can't call myself a "comic book nerd", but i have read a lot of comics from different publishers

so whenever there's an announcement for a new movie adaptation, i admit i'd groan from time to time

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I've never really been into either, but I'm not really opposed to watching comic book movies. They're typically not my cup of tea, though.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I have been a Big Fan of X-Men and all of the Marvel Comics and movies. I can't wait for the newest Wolverine movie coming in March.
Also Doctor Strange.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
A little bit of both. I watch movies based on comic books, sometimes DC and sometimes Marvel. And I read comic books on other things besides superheroes. Currently I'm reading Usagi Yojimbo.

Usagi's the best! I've met Stan and have some of his artwork. It's such a quality series with crazy longevity. Every issue improves its fictional world, and every story is so cohesive with the rest of the stories.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I would be quite guilty of reading teen/adult picture books (including manga). Currently I'm reading Green Lantern, Ms Marvel, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Back to the Future (which I suspect has a freakishly low Kincaid score since I read an issue in less then half the time it took me to read an issue of Starfleet Academy. . . which makes since I guess, because there's a lot of just screaming people's names and stuff like, 'Just run, I don't have time to explain').

I watch many of the movies/TV series too. I'm looking forward to seeing Doctor Strange.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This thread hasn't been posted in for years. Please check the date on the last post before making a new post in a thread. Don't necrobump old threads. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.