• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you really think the anime is doing to last as long as the games?

Do you really think the anime is going to last as long as the games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Do you really think the anime is going to last as long as the games?

The games are never going to end theres probably going to be a 5th generation ( which we sure find out May 2008) and there's probably more. The games are like Mario and Zelda as a fan of those games I hate to see them end.

Yes the creators did say this
[IMG139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/Imageasdfff1.jpg[/IMG139]
from:http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/?action=view&current=Scan0fdfdg022.jpg

But that means the show will still be going in 2013 or 2017 if there a (6th generation) because every sage lasts three year plus if the want each girl to get four years like May got they do another BF like season. I really can't see it lasting that long.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't see why not. The ratings are still more than stable, even after ten years. As long as there isn't a huge drop in viewer levels while games are still being created, the show will most likely not be ending beforehand.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
The first part said all new pokemon will be seen in the anime... I guess it counts all generations.

Some one once said:
If they make anymore gens that means the'll make more crappy anime episodes with more bad voice acting and even worse plots

I mean other then having a new girl and pokemon there's nothing new they can do to keep the show interesting for that long.

Maybe it will be running even longer now that it's in it's 10th year on the air. My guess would be that it could even be as long as NBC's Meet The Press which first debuted in 1945. Who knows, Pokemon could probly be still on in the next 100 years from now.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I'm sure they'll at least try. I just hope that they don't stop bringing it to the US like they did with the manga. I can't imagine why they would, but stranger things have happened.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
as long as many more pokemon games are developing, I think the anime are gonna last long to..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think Ash's journey will go on forever, but there will be an anime following the games.

At some point the writers may close out Ash's story, the show will get a concrete ending at some point.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Despite what some people say the animé is in someways just advertisment for the games. So in theory yes it can continue indefinitely, although they'll always be some modifications, new casts, new regions, perhaps a new front man etc. Whatever keeps it appealing really.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The anime will continue as long as the games do because...
A)The anime is basically a big advertisement. An entertaining one, but still and advertisement.
B)People have been watching the same show for ten years without said show really CHANGING too much. The biggest changes in the anime that I can think of are contests and the main characters' Pokemon having actual personalities ever since AG. If the anime's still doing well with that little REAL change, obviously there's no reason to stop in the forseeable future. Granted, part of this is undoubtedly because although many people who start watching will stop given another gen or two as they deem themselves "too old" for Pokemon, there will always be new little kids who start to watch.
C)The entire franchise is still a huge cash cow.

On that last note, Why do people keep asking these things when there's no reason why any sane company would want to shut any part of the franchise down? It's like all those hokey theories about when the world's going to end; there's no logical reason why the world should end before the sun dies, but some people are so preoccupied about "when WILL IT ALL END?!?" that they keep theorizing about it past the point when everyone else is tired of it. Some people...

I don't think it will, for several reason:

1. Really great games have the tendency to continue for 20+ years, most of which have no end currently in sight, yet anime series' rarely last too terribly long. Pokemon is already pretty old, and I really don't think it has enough fire left in its system to last too terribly much longer. (As in another ten years.)

2. The games appeal to a much larger crowd then the games. Millions of people throughout the world still love the games, but only a portion of them still watch the anime. I personally will keep buying the games as long as they're made, yet I don't give a crap about the anime. I know that I'm not the only one like that, so the games have the power of numbers on their side, which the anime has to a much lesser content.

3. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to make a full anime series, and I have a feeling the writters, animators, and VA's will eventually get tired of it. If that happens, they'll either wrap up the entire series or pass it onto a younger group of people, both of which will bring about the end of the show. (Since I doubt fans of the show would be able to accept an entirely new group of people.) The games, on the other hand, don't take nearly as much time to make as the show. They're not starting from the ground up, since they have the last game to use as a foundation, so the work isn't nearly as hard or time consuming.

4. Really, the fans will grow tired of the anime. They'll eventually grow tired of seeing the same thing year after year. Many fans already have. Lack of interest will eventually take place, which will put a large damper on the show. The games will keep popularity much longer then the anime, so that's a huge advantage.

My two cents, anyway.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
4. Really, the fans will grow tired of the anime. They'll eventually grow tired of seeing the same thing year after year. Many fans already have. Lack of interest will eventually take place, which will put a large damper on the show. The games will keep popularity much longer then the anime, so that's a huge advantage.
Because it's not like it gets new fans or anything...

yet anime series' rarely last too terribly long
Detective Conan, Lupin III, Doraemon, the Gundam series....