• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you really use your legendaries?

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
For Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, yes, I used legendaries without a ounce of guilt due to the ungodly difficulty in those games (and due to the fact the CPU enemies often used them anyway). However, lately, I've been turning away from using them, since most people regard them as "cheap" which is understandable given their obscenely high stats.

Lugia has always been my favorite though. Everything about him just rocks.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I usually Only use 1 in game but this time, you don't get one until N's Castle.(Thunderous doesn't count). I still haven't touched that Zekrom since I got it though.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
I only use Vichini, Virision, Suicune and Articuno.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Legendaries with essential natures and stats will be included in my fav Pokemon, but not for team use or any use.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
Yeah, I put Lugia in my old Silver team and Dialga in my Diamond team before. But for Black, the only legendaries I used so far are Suicune and Cobalion for the Subway. Thinking of using Latias as well.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
I always use the mascot only on my 1st play through.

Grei

not the color
How many threads about using Legendaries are seriously going to be made?

Yes. I don't pick what Legendaries I'm OK with using... they pick me. o_O Kinda.

Anyway, only Suicune, Giratina, and Zekrom. Maybe Heatran and Darkrai, although I never seriously used those two.

Psycho Cut

I see the point that people make that you shouldn't use legndaries in competetive battles, or battles with friends, but I don't get all the legendaryphobia about using them in-game...

Breeder Drew

I use a few. Giratina, Dialga and Rayquaza to be exact. The others only come out of the box when I need them or when I feel like using them.

gliscor&yanmega

Depends who the Legendary is. I use Legendary that I like or find interesting, some I wont use just because they don't interest me at all.

So I use some sometimes.

I usually Only use 1 in game but this time, you don't get one until N's Castle.(Thunderous doesn't count). I still haven't touched that Zekrom since I got it though.

You can get 5 Legendary Pokemon in game without any means of events or trading before getting to N's Castle.

Why doesn't Thunderous count(Or Tornadus for that matter)? Plus you are able to get Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion prior to going to N's Castle. Plus Victini is available before N's Castle as well(Via event though).

Last edited:

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I don't really use Legendaries since you get them later on in the game. I tend to stick with the first 6 pokemon I catch just because Im lazy :p I do use Dialga and Latias though.

RiotFire

I never use legendaries.... I find them boring. No evolution, no challenge, little variety.
Even to the point I just caught a random shiny suicune in soul silver that's destined to collect dust in the pc!

Ausgirl

I never use legendaries cos since they're so strong there's no challenge. I only collect them for my pokedex.