• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you remember what was your reaction when you first saw Sun & Moon Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It felt like a design shift that felt like regaining the old bouncy carefree charm from the original OS, in comparison to the aesthetically "epic" but otherwise routine style of XY, and I thought I recognized from before for another franchise, but couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

Then I remembered that Sonic Mania was announced a few months prior, and suddenly the familiarity all made sense to me.

diesglamouris

"Yeah, it's weird, but he won a League."

For study reasons I quitted Pokémon between 2013 and 2019, so almost everything (the new friends, the new monsters, the Z-Moves, all in a colorful and cartoonish style) was weird for me. Not in a bad or good sense, simply weird.

tlhGS

It was horrible that I stopped following the anime after XY. I used to make subtitles for Turkish community but thanks to S&M anime I completely left everything related to Pokémon.

Jeal

I don't understand why only the old characters's art style was ugly. What was the point they were trying to make?

At least they abandoned this stupid idea now. The new artstyle is a lot better.

Anyway, my biggest problem with SM was not the artstyle, but the fact that was like the story had not an ongoing plot. Same as the current season. I hope the next season to have a focused storyline and not being a filler season with some relevant self-contained episodes here and there like after XYZ ended.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don't understand why only the old characters's art style was ugly. What was the point they were trying to make?

At least they abandoned this stupid idea now. The new artstyle is a lot better.

Anyway, my biggest problem with SM was not the artstyle, but the fact that was like the story had not an ongoing plot. Same as the current season. I hope the next season to have a focused storyline and not being a filler season with some relevant self-contained episodes here and there like after XYZ ended.
The new characters looked fugly as well
For example, Lillie’s eyes were too close to each other. They fixed it in JN and she looked less horrible there
Other characters looked horrible to begin with, regardless of the artstyle, like the blue girl and orange boy

Status
Not open for further replies.