• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Draco.

Dragon Master.
yeah ofc, why not?
they are still normal ppl...

GreatGonzales

The Master
To simply judge andan based on a form of what some call art is preposterous, your thread is ignorant and judgemental, likely you as well.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
To simply judge andan based on a form of what some call art is preposterous, your thread is ignorant and judgemental, likely you as well.

You're post is VERY ignorant. Read the damn OP.

Yes, I see it as art(I'm an artist, but as a hobby instead of a career) and wish I had the pain tolerance to get one(damn my sensitive body).

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
You all make such valid points! [/sarcasm]

I guess I didn't imply it obviously enough:
I don't disrespect people because of tattoos, and I have nothing against them, especially if there's a nice meaning behind them.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
if someone does not respect someone with tattos, then they are stupid,
they are still the same person they were before they got their tattos,

and its on their skin, not on yours....

sweetie

lovely love
if someone does not respect someone with tattos, then they are stupid,
they are still the same person they were before they got their tattos,

and its on their skin, not on yours....

so if i saw someone who tattoo'd a Nazi Swastika or something offensive on themselves and my initial reaction was 'wtf' i'd be stupid? it might be their skin but me and plenty of other people will be looking at it silently judging.

it really depends what a person has tattoo'd on them. i'm fine with most tattoos, but if they're crude and really offensive i might be like woah. :l

so generally, i have no problem with people with tattoos.

I don't really respect people with tattoos if they get them for no reason what so ever. A tattoo has got to be something meaningful or else whats the point? I respect the person if the story behind the tattoo is something to respect, not if it's just for the thrill of potentially looking cool . Those people can really annoy me. Also anything offensive like bad language and things to do with nazi's and other subjects like that shouldn't be done at all in my opinion. Xxx

Last edited:

Shuam

righteous
It depends who has the tattoo and what it is.
A guy has sleeves to an unprofessional level? No I don't respect him, and I'll probably think he's a thug.
A guy covers up his tats for work? Yeah respect, you're doing whatever you want to do with your body yet thriving in today's world.
A guy's got one tat on his shoulder? kk.
A guy has tribals? No ****ing way.

A chick has sleeves? Odd.
A chick has a tinyass tattoo somewhere. Hot.
A chick has a trampstamp. Why would you do this to yourself?

Draco.

Dragon Master.
i dont really think that when the person made this thread that we were gonna talk about nazi tattos...

and no i dont support/respect ppl with anything that is crime rellatated tattos,

other wise, i dont care ofc i respect them, thay are still the same person,
and nothing is gonna change that,

MTeriyaki

tattoos shouldnt change the way you feel about them (given they dont have swatsikas on their forehead or anything offensive). Its just a way someone expresses themselves. If you hate someone cause they have tattoos it just makes you look ignorant.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
As far as I can tell, tattoos on other people don't hurt me in anyway, so I don't really care. Though I wouldn't get a tattoo myself, it doesn't mean I think any less of someone who has a tattoo or two.

Swagsire

It depends on how we look at it. Im not gonna respect them or disrespect them for having the tattoo specifically.

It's personally not one of the things that I care for or will ever do to myself, but I'm not them. So judging them would be pretty ridiculous.

P.S: I find this thread hilarious with people going on about how awful tattoo'd people are and how they don't deserve respect, and the desperado's of the internet who respect no one. Get real personalities Qwaa ;195;

lidaboy

procrastina...
well i dont like tattoes in general but i cannot have a biased opinion about this as just like clothes its not the tattoes that define you its the person inside

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Just to clarify: I don't disrespect people because of tattoos, I just usually find some other reason to not like them. I'd appreciate if people would stop being rude to me now, thanks.

Colours

RaWr!
It depends what the tattoo is, and who exactly is the person. For example, I'd be weary of a doctor who had tattoo's all over himself.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Two of my best friends have tattoos. And I respect them just as much as everyone else

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
I respect most people. Usually someone has to do something to lose my respect. But tattoos aren't that big of a deal. I mean a tattoo is just a tattoo . . .