• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

I'm never one to judge a person solely by appearance. In fact, one of my hobbies at the gym is trying to read and decipher the tattoo(s) of each person!

Tytan Havok

Bring it.
Well, a tattoo would normally not bother me in any way, unless it is in plain sight AND something that a typical person wouldnt respect (i.e. Tattoo-ing YOLO on your forehead)

G50

No longer posting
I don't judge people on appearance, so whether they have a tatoo or not doesn't determine whether I respect someone or not.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
considering i always comment on good tattoos, which is incredibly easy since i work as a cashier in a supermarket, so yeah i respect people with a little ink ;)

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
It depends on their attitudes and characteristics. If they are bad people I won't respect them!

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
Well, it's not like I disrespect people but I think that the idea of getting permanent ink in your skin is just...ugh. I'm way too young to get one, and I don't ever plan on getting one.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
They need to earn my respect regardless, but it also depends on what tattoo they have. If they have a stupid or misspelled tattoo (or Bible verses), then no.

kochoupink

butts lol
(or Bible verses), then no.

I would actually love to see someone with a tattoo of Leviticus 19:28:
Leviticus 19:28 said:
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
But then I'm a hipster like that, y'know? Irony and all that shit.

Darius

I would actually love to see someone with a tattoo of Leviticus 19:28:

But then I'm a hipster like that, y'know? Irony and all that shit.

A website said:
Jesse Galef on the Friendly Atheist blog brings us this fantastic picture of a quote from Leviticus tattooed onto the arm of a friend of a man accused of attacking someone for being gay.

The tattoo reads ‘[Thou] shall not lie with a male as one does with a woman. It is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22‘.

However, Galef points out that in the very next chapter, tattoos are forbidden.

‘Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28‘

Which goes to show how easy it is to cherry-pick biblical quotes for personal prejudices. We wonder how much coverage an attacker would get if they went around beating up everyone with a tattoo because they are forbidden in the Bible? They’d likely be sent straight for a psychiatric evaluation.

Considering I have 4 tattoos myself, yes. However, if for no reason as mentioned above, unless I respect them already, no respect from me. Respect needs to be earned.
Getting another tattoo soon, two actually, as soon as I have gotten a job and a lot of money. It will be a heart with roses that my girlfriend made for my sister. She survived cancer she got when she was 3 years old. Today she's 15 years old and growing strong.
The other one, next to it and down to my lower arm, is going to be Rayquaza. Due to it being a dragon and my love for pokemon. Don't even dare judge me or try to lecture me, I've thought about this since I've been 16, I got 2 tattoos when I was 17(which I still love having) and my last one I got sometime a year ago.
Most Wanted from Need For Speed series on my right arm, Jin Kazama Devil Gene tattoo on my upper right due to my love of Tekken.
Decepticon symbol in my neck with the decepticon text saying "CHAOS" and a random mech tattoo on my lower arm because I love mechanical stuff.

ala

dat ash
I don't care for them personally, and they don't make me judge somebody else. But if we are talking about chicks with tattoos, then I gotta say I don't find them very attractive, unless its something small. It's not exactly a breaking point for me though. I have a couple friends who have a borderline fetish for tattoos...lol

Prelude

Prelude
I think most of the tattoos I've seen are stupid, but it's not my body.

But, I mean, I still think they're stupid.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I always thought tattoos were downright stupid and I actively think they make people look worse, not matter how good the art. But, I can force myself to respect someone who has a tattoo. I try and make a point of not being biased or stereotyping when I see someone.

Hilda

I always thought tattoos were downright stupid and I actively think they make people look worse, not matter how good the art. But, I can force myself to respect someone who has a tattoo. I try and make a point of not being biased or stereotyping when I see someone.

The ones who uses their belly button a females private area, they are disgusting.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
While I certainly won't get one myself, that won't stop me from interacting amicably with somebody who does have one (like my dad).
As others have said, I don't really judge based on appearance. A lot of people can surprise you.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
SPP must have hit a growth spurt. They're not judging people on the surface for once?

Winner's luck.

kochoupink

butts lol
SPP must have hit a growth spurt. They're not judging people on the surface for once?

Winner's luck.

The "I don't judge people by appearance" trope is one of the oldest trappings of "I'm a good person!" in the book. Of course someone is going to say he doesn't judge people by appearance. Just like he eats all his vegetables, never feeds the meter more quarters after his two hours of parking is up, and always tells the truth.