• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I don't ascribe respect to someone simply because they have a tattoo or not. I have objections to certain offensive tattoos. But I see that as a base reason for not respecting another human being.

Personally, i'm pretty neutral about tattoos. It doesn't impress me that people try to make themselves stand out by inserting poisonous ink into their bodies in order to make some political or artistic statement. But, at the end of the day it honestly doesn't bother me that people do it.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Depends entirely on the person and tattoo in question. I think some tattoos are tacky and I don't like them. Others I think are interesting and work well. Can't really generalize about that at all.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Heck no. They have to earn my respect. Why would I suddenly respect them just because they have some random Ink on their body?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I used to consider tattoos more of a bad, "deviant" thing, but I've come to accept them much more now. It is a personal choice to have them, and as long they're not obscene, racist, or some such, I don't have a big problem with them. The only thing I wonder about is how much people will like their tattoos when they get much older and their skin gets thin and saggy...

Fatal

Banned
Anyone with a tacky tattoo doesn't deserve respect. You let someone mark your body permanently with ink? Instantly undeserving of my respect. I don't even care if they're a nice person, if they have a tacky tattoo, they're automatically jerks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I saw a guy with a tattoo that said "God forgives, but I don't", so I pushed him off a cliff.

God does forgive after all.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Depends on who they are. If they're like, a murderer, no.

Every person with a tattoo has killed someone, you're not allowed to get one until you do.

Abortions count though, that's why so many girls have tramp stamps. Also why the Deep South has so many Abortion Clinic/Tattoo Parlor combo shops.

ebevan91

Well I won't disrespect someone just because they have a tattoo.

That is, if the tattoo has some kind of personal meaning. If it's something stupid, pointless, or derogatory, then no I won't respect them.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Every person with a tattoo has killed someone, you're not allowed to get one until you do.

Um...proof?...

I've never heard of that crud, and i'm quite nosey.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
It's a joke. -_-

Hmph. Pretty terrible joke. Didn't really make me laugh.

Oh well!~

Anyway, as I said before, aint gonna respect some random idiot with a tattoo. Why would I anyway? :S..

Dark Snow

Kyogre
Depends if the person can be respected. If the person just got a tattoo for no reason, then no, he/she doesn't deserve respect. You don't permanently ink yourself because it makes you look cool.

Rave

Banned
Nah, not really.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't respect anyone anyway. A tattoo is not going to specifically win you points with me.

Unless you applied it yourself. I didn't say what kind of points you would win with me.