• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
What in the world? Someone having a tattoo doesn't make a difference whether I respect them more or not.

Do I know people with tattoos? Yes. Do I respect them more because they have tattoos? No.
There are also people with a bunch of tattoos that suck, or I respect less, but it isn't because they have tattoos all over their body

Peter Quill

star-lord
On the one hand, yes, and fuck you if you don't (speaking in terms of "Can I trust a person with tatoos/should they be employable?").

What if it's concealed though? Curious is all. Seems sort of silly not to employ someone if it's one on their back or something.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I wouldn't employ a woman with a tramp stamp. She'll fuck and whore her way through the glass ceiling and ruin it for respectable women.

Sev27

I wouldn't employ a woman with a tramp stamp. She'll fuck and whore her way through the glass ceiling and ruin it for respectable women.

That's not completely true. Not all women with tramp stamps are *****s. That's just how it was made popular, it isn't the determining factor.

bobjr

Staff member
That's not completely true. Not all women with tramp stamps are *****s. That's just how it was made popular, it isn't the determining factor.

There's always one or two exceptions to any rule.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
What if it's concealed though? Curious is all. Seems sort of silly not to employ someone if it's one on their back or something.
No, I'm saying tattoos shouldn't be a deterrent for employment, though they often are. I find that really regrettable.

Although, as I qualified, that doesn't mean you're immune to what your particular tattoo says about you, just that they shouldn't be an inherently negative factor. Personally, I'm more inclined to put both personal and professional faith in someone covered in tattoos who truly loves body art than someone with, like, one flaming eagle or dragon or something, concealed or otherwise.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I don't see the problem with people having tattoos. I've even considered getting one for myself down the line.

But a person doesn't demand respect based on their appearance; tattoo or no tattoo. This question is no different than do you respect people with blonde hair or people of a different race. And the stereotypes that come with tattoos, again, are no different than other stereotypes that accompany different looks.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
I don't see why I wouldn't. They are people too. Sometimes very nice people.
The only reason I could think of, where I wouldn't respect them would be if the tattoo was obscene or hateful.

But yeah, normal tattoos are cool. Even attractive sometimes.

blackterminator3

I don't judge on what a person has on their skin. I only judge their attitude level and whatnot. I think people get tattoos are the people that went through something in their lives to make themselves to rebel. Hell I am getting a tattoo of my best friend that died last year.

Takeo

I remember a much older, hot friend of mine took me to the air port, she's honestly model material. Here we were waiting for my plane to allow passengers to board, comes this guys covered in tattoo's starts talking to her, she says to him 'nice tattoo's' you know to be kind, he wasn't much to look at, then he says 'Thanks, I got real good looking one in my pants, when its on standby it looks like a snake but when its hard its a rocket, wanna check it out?' she laughs and says 'no'

Got to hand it to him, he had guts to use such a pick up line, or he was just stupid tbh. Did I respect him for his tattoo's? no.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Anyone with a tacky tattoo doesn't deserve respect. You let someone mark your body permanently with ink? Instantly undeserving of my respect. I don't even care if they're a nice person, if they have a tacky tattoo, they're automatically jerks.

I agree.

I don't personally like them, but I don't disrespect someone because they have one. That said, he/she'll have to earn my respect, just like everyone else.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
So do I.

I remember a much older, hot friend of mine took me to the air port, she's honestly model material. Here we were waiting for my plane to allow passengers to board, comes this guys covered in tattoo's starts talking to her, she says to him 'nice tattoo's' you know to be kind, he wasn't much to look at, then he says 'Thanks, I got real good looking one in my pants, when its on standby it looks like a snake but when its hard its a rocket, wanna check it out?' she laughs and says 'no'

Got to hand it to him, he had guts to use such a pick up line, or he was just stupid tbh. Did I respect him for his tattoo's? no.

That is just so wrong in just so many ways...

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
What do you mean "do you respect" people with tattoos? Even if one doesn't like them, doesn't mean they deserve any disrispect O_O

I like tattoos and I know one day I'll have one (though I have to decide of what), if that's what you mean...

He's got the right to have tattoos wherever he wants, but shouldn't just go around making dirty jokes. He deserves your despise for his attitute, not his tattoos.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
He's got the right to have tattoos wherever he wants, but shouldn't just go around making dirty jokes. He deserves your despise for his attitute, not his tattoos.

Well the tattoo just adds it on. It's like if someone cuts you off in traffic and you find out it's an old Asian woman. You hate her for cutting you off, but you get more hate because she got in a car in the first place.