• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Shinku

neko, desu~
First impressions can generally be devieving in any case~ I wouldn't judge someone just from having a tattoo when I first meet them, unless they're a chav (someone who goes around acting tough, wearing black hoodies, going around in gangs with pitbulls on chains etc) in which case they'd be damn well evil anyway, and not to be trusted~ Having too many tattoos would be a bit excessive though... and you can't help but wonder who in their right mind would get as many as some people have... x__x I guess respect needs to be earned though, and first impressions are usually what matters the most...

CuriousHeartless

It depends. If the tattoo is really stupid in my opinion (Which because of the rule of cautious posting, I will not attempt to explain and will just say that it is dependand on multiple different things) then I will have disrespect for that tattoo, and if the person has a bunch of them I might not respect them. If I like the tattoo, or at least don't find it stupid, I couldn't care less. I'll never get a tattoo, but that is mostly because I have no pain tolerance and not because I disapprove of them.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Meh, I don't really care

I have two tattoos myself but I could care less if anyone doesn't have respect for me because of them. I give people respect based on their behavior towards myself and others. I may not like some of their tattoos at all, but as long as the person is kind, well-rounded, intelligent, and polite, I'll have respect for them no matter what kind of body art they have

xDWarrior

The tattoo has nothing to do with the person. Whether I respect a person or not depends on factors not attributed to outward appearance.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Tattoo's don't really mean anything. My oldest sister has 3 tattoo's and I don't respect her very much (Mainly because she doesn't know her own gender but that was just a joke).

Estellise

peachy
Both my parents have tattoos and they're good,hard working people,so yes.Just because someone had a tattoo doesn't make them a bad person.Maybe the want to stand out.And even if they were bad,we have no room to judge tattoos because of one person.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
I know it sounds cliche, but I respect everyone, tattoo-clad or otherwise.

Now, if you're asking me if I personally like tattoos, then no, I don't. But I respect everyone, regardless of their outward appearance. It's the right thing to do. :)

The Wallflower

I'll tickle ur fancy
I'm not going to respect or not respect someone based on if they have a tattoo or not. Though I do think they're cool

kochoupink

butts lol
Tattoo's don't really mean anything. My oldest sister has 3 tattoo's and I don't respect her very much (Mainly because she doesn't know her own gender but that was just a joke).

Out of curiosity, what was it about the word "tattoo" that made you think it deserved an apostrophe to make it plural?
I always wonder what goes through people's heads when they do this. No one has ever been able to give me a good answer for it.

I want a tattoo but I'm terrified of needles. I love well-done tattoos for aesthetic purposes.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
But of course. Tattoos, piercings and stuff like that don't mean anything.

I myself have a tattoo and I love it. I can't wait to make the second :')

Rave

Banned
I used to not to, but then this girl i started talking to again has tattoos.

She didn't know any better but, hey, sometimes it's cool to stick with a chick with a pretty sexy tat on.

xHexentiAx

Conflicting choices
I don't mind if people have a tattoo, but if they've got millions they freak me out. Either way I would still respect them unless they haven't earned my respect.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Someone with a tatoo i do respect but i don't see him like normal people. He doesn't respect his own body.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I respect tattoed people just as much as i respect everyone else.

Earthia100

I just respect people in general.

Long ago, before the Internet, Tattoos were a sign of the rebellious culture in America. Now, a lot of people have tattoos. A lot of my teachers had tattoos. (my 7th grade math teacher had a little star on her ankle) So, a tattoo isn't THAT impressing. It does'nt get you any extra respect with me, just because you have one.