• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
Wow, what the heck is this.. of course I respect people the same way if they had or hadn't had a tattoo O_O

The_UnAmerican_Idol

This... Is my Buddy.
If theyre tattoo has meaning, I respect them. If its just dumb, I just judge them

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
It doesn't change my impression on people, unless I personally know them. If I don't think they would, but they do, I just am surprised. I plan on getting a tattoo. I'll be getting the Airforce logo on my left shoulder, when I join. And then a wire circling down my arm from my right bicep down to my wrist, with a crosses for the barbs.

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
If the tattoo has a meaning then I don't lose respect for them but I don't gain any kind of respect for them either if it doesn't have a meaning it's just stupid.

Plus, I wouldn't respect them if they brag about their tattoo.

Either way I dislike tattoos&I will never get one.

Finally, I respect people for who they are not for trying to be someone they are not.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Maybe for me it hasn't got anything to do w/ respect. I respect a person for being her/himself.
I like to see someone who has tattoo(s) that suit him/her.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
oh blegh. lol. I myself will never get one, It DOES make me worry about them, but that's natural considering I don't really like tattoo's. That doesn't mean I go up to them and tell it to there face. Gezz, I can still respect someone...lol

Really though, its weird to me, but its not something I have anything really against. It's pretty stupid in my opinion to hold something like that against someone and base your opinion off of it...

Oh well. xD

Lethal Llama

Random Trainer
I personally dislike tattoos and never see myself getting one.
However I have completely equal respect for most people with tattoos. But people who are inked all over are a little silly in my opinion, but I will still treat them equally. I just won't take any appearance advice from them :D

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I do kind of respect people who get tattoos because they are able to sit through the whole process and not stop midway, I do want to get a tattoo in the future, I may get a dragon on my back

3D992

The Living Hologram
I dont think its smart to get tattos or piercings. I dont know why you'd want to either. I wouldnt think different of someone if they had a tattoo though.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I don't dis/respect people based on if they've got tattoos or not. If I want to disrespect them it's because they're idiots and have hideous personalities. I have plenty of friends that have tattoos and my boyfriend has four of them. I wouldn't get one myself though, I'm far too indecisive to want one.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
If I know them, then yes I still respect them, but I find depending on the tat it might be intimidating and I may try to remove attention from myself if I don't know them

Last edited:
I don't care... o_O I'll respect anyone as long they're kind and compassionate.

Althouuugh if I was an employer, I'd definitely avoid hiring anyone with offensive tattoos that are clearly visible. If they're capable of hiding them though then yeah, I don't care.

Last edited:
I don't see how tattoos or other body markings should affect my respect for a person. I'd rather get to know them first, & I'd probly end up liking them anyway. That said, if the tattoo was really boss looking I may ask them where they got it/what the meaning of it was. A thing like that, tends to be a good ice-breaker. If the person seems they do not want to talk about it fine, change the subject.

Armando Payne

Well only if I get to know them, like if it's just tattoos and just tattoos then no, but if I get to know them then 50% no, yanno?

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I don't think differently about people with tattoos and sometimes they have a deep meaning. I myself am against getting them, but its the person's choice to get one. Just the same as choosing to wear contacts or a red shirt over a blue one. As cliche as it sounds, I don't judge a book by its cover.