• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you respect people with tattoos?

Estellise

peachy

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
didnt u see the second half of my post?^
im saying u have to respect yourself and tatoos can give you infections, disieses etc.
i feel the same way about smoking
Yes that is true so some people or all, who get tattoos should ask for them to sterilize the needles first
True but why take that risk?^
and odds are you might want it gone later.
as i said before, you should respect someone based on their actions not their appearence.
It can make people look cooler..... sometimes, but 99.9999999% of the time it isn't cool but still yes you have to be careful with the needles

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I am...neutral. I am fine with people getting tattoos, if that's what they want, then so be it.

Agreed all its going to do is make then have some problems getting certain jobs, and it will be there forever
(provided its not temporary or you don't get it surgically removed)

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Agreed all its going to do is make then have some problems getting certain jobs
To be fair though, some can still be hidden with the appropriate clothing. I have a tattoo on my forearm, but it's easily hidden with a long-sleeved shirt. Some might see that as a bad thing, but long-sleeved shirts make me look bulkier, so it's not all that bad. :p

If you however get a tattoo on your neck or hand for example, then yeah, you're ****ed in that regard.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
To be fair though, some can still be hidden with the appropriate clothing. I have a tattoo on my forearm, but it's easily hidden with a long-sleeved shirt. Some might see that as a bad thing, but long-sleeved shirts make me look bulkier, so it's not all that bad. :p

If you however get a tattoo on your neck or hand for example, then yeah, you're ****ed in that regard.

I didn't say they cabt be hidden but if you have one on your leg and always where shorts then you can't get certain jobs or if you get one on your arm and don't where long sleeve shirts, you are going about this the smartest way possible

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Most people get tattoos of things that mean something to them. Why would they remove that?

Not saying they would just saying its an irreversible decision to be made and that you can't always get it surgically removed (due to lack of money, etc...)

Stereotypical Nerd

I don't ascribe respect to someone simply because they have a tattoo or not. I have objections to certain offensive tattoos. But I see that as a base reason for not respecting another human being.

Personally, i'm pretty neutral about tattoos. It doesn't impress me that people try to make themselves stand out by inserting poisonous ink into their bodies in order to make some political or artistic statement. But, at the end of the day it honestly doesn't bother me that people do it.

My very thoughts.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I don't mind tattoos much (as I previously stated) but I may get a giant dragon on my back when I turn 21 (green and red black wings)

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Most people get tattoos of things that mean something to them. Why would they remove that?

yeah they want to be constantly reminded of that night were they go to a bar, get drunk, go to a tatoo parlour with a girl they just met, get a tatoo just to make love later.
yeah i think im seeing it now (sarcasm)

look a friend of mines dad has a tatoo and he wishes it was gone, he couldnt get a job cuz of it, people look at him wierd, and its a constant remonder of his "young and stupid days"
i just think that it isn't worth it
no one is saying that you have to agree with my opinion im just stating it.

Estellise

peachy
yeah they want to be constantly reminded of that night were they go to a bar, get drunk, go to a tatoo parlour with a girl they just met, get a tatoo just to make love later.

Not that stuff. Children's names, Bible verses, reminders of passed loved ones...why would they want to remove that?

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I'm not the biggest fan if then but I'm nowhere near against them

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
Not that stuff. Children's names, Bible verses, reminders of passed loved ones...why would they want to remove that?

If they have it on a place that is easily visible it ruins their chances of getting a job. I know I don't like dealing with people who look like clowns and I don't care about the reasoning of the tattoo. Not to mention some people end up not liking a tattoo regardless of what it means to them. I remember seeing a picture of a tattoo of a bible verse saying being gay is wrong and but a couple of chapters ahead in the same book is a verse saying tattoos are wrong which is very ironic.

I don't really like tattoos but I had a lot of friends with them so I'm not too bothered by people who have them. But if a friend asks me if they should get a tattoo I always tell them no because they look bad 99% of the time.