• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you Search for Shiny Pokémon?

Do you hunt for shinies

• Yes. I catch them on my own (WITHOUT methods)

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Yes. I catch them on my own (WITH methods)

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • No, but I wouldn't mind catching one

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No. Shinies are overrated

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other (Include in your post)

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
Do you Search for Shiny Pokémon?

Shinies are difficult to find. You have like a 1 in 8,000 chance of randomly running into one. But I know some people actually spend time running around searching for shinies. So, I decided to just see how many people there are that actually search for shinies. So in your post, answer these questions:
1. Do you search for shinies?
2. Do you think shinies are important?
3. Do you use methods to catch shinies (chaining, foreign pokemon breeding, etc.)

Time_2_Shine

<-- Next Target
1. Yes, my current shiny hunts are listed in my signature. I have been hunting for shinies for a while now and I am the owner of some nice legit shinies.
2. Yes, shinies are more important to me then some flawless pokemon. I don't use any sort of cheat device or RNG to get my shinies, I play by the rules. ;)
3. My main method to obtain shinies is via Soft-Reset and Masuda Method (breeding with a foriegn pokemon). My most recent shiny was a Shiny Zorua via MM. I do have various shinies from 4th gen from the chaining method and SR method.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
1. Not really, but I would love to find one while I'm training my 'mons. :)
2. I wouldn't say important, but I like them more than "perfect" pokémon. ;000;
3. Nope. I did try the Masuda Method once, but got bored very quickly. And I suck at chaining, so I'll just have to wait for a miraculous random encounter.

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
1. Do you search for shinies?YA i do
2. Do you think shinies are important?Just last night i found the thrill of having a shiny
3. Do you use methods to catch shinies?I use mesuda method to get my first shiny last night

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Nah, I got mine through random encounters.

Of course, why else would they be rare?

3. Do you use methods to catch shinies (chaining, foreign pokemon breeding, etc.)
Does chucking an ultra ball at them count?
I don't have the patience required for MM >>

TheAwesomeOne

I don't really care, there is nothing different except a SHINE and a DIFFERENT COLOUR, no special stat boosts or anything.

Firebreather

No, but when I find them they're a welcome surprise :)
Sure, I guess I do.
3. Do you use methods to catch shinies?
No, I don't.

I personally think that the point of searching and hatching eggs for a single shiny iis the sort of thing where you get a feeling of accomplishment for something you had been spending a lot of time to get. I know how that feels to some extent, because finding my first shiny (a Rufflet) was pretty satisfying. And the way I see it, although I don't go out of my way to find shinies, is that the people who do are a sort of collector. So, I can respect that some people spend a whole lot of time doing this, even I would never have the patience to do it myself.

hawkmbl

Curious
Off and on, but I mainly use some methods
Yes as they are very rare and prove a excellent job of obtaining them.
3. Do you use methods to catch shinies?
I TRIED to do the pokeradar chaining, but I kept only getting 2 bidoofs then a shinx every time without shiny pokemon. I don't do RNG as it's too complicated (The only things of that kind of stuff I can do is Bottle adventure in Zelda lol), though I think I will try the madsuda method sometime by importing a japanese ditto from Japanese SS

TehLulzMastur

Why bother? Because they look pretty and sparkle? Because you get a slight sense of accomplishment after spending hours slaving over your DS looking for them?

Almost all Shinies just look ugly, and why bother if they serve no purpose then to either say ''I am slightly lucky'' or ''I have no life''?

Why bother? Because they look pretty and sparkle? Because you get a slight sense of accomplishment after spending hours slaving over your DS looking for them?

Almost all Shinies just look ugly, and why bother if they serve no purpose then to either say ''I am slightly lucky'' or ''I have no life''?

That's your opinion.

I personally don't because they're so difficult to find, but I have one shiny pokemon.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I like to hunt for shinies. I look for the ones that I think look cool and breed them so they will have good natures. I want to get into competetive battling soon, and I would like my first team to be all-shiny.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
I most certainly do.

They're important to me. I'd rather have Shiny Pokemon thana "Perfect" Pokemon, as I don't care for competitive battling.

I chained quite a lot in Diamond, and have plenty of Shiny Pokemon as a result.
I plan on using the Mesuda Method for plenty of my favored Shinies once I beat White(had to buy a replacement White version, lost the first one...very depressing).

Wardek

U & I
Yes

Not really. The only thing i'm interested in them is their color difference.

I only use the Masuda Method and Random Encoutering, i'll try chaining in Platinum later.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I always want "Perfect" Pokemon, which are Shiny Pokemon with high stats. I always want one, but only ones that I want(Ex. Shiny Emboar is a no, but Zorua and Zororark, yes).

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I accidentally voted yes, but I meant to voted other.

Not really, I just hope for an encounter while I train.

Kind of, if I catch one early enough in the game I'll throw it into my party not matter what pokemon it is/

Nope.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
1. Yes, I do :3.
2. They're important to me! I love their colors and the feeling you get when you finally catch one.
3. I used to chain, I have around 12 chained shinies. But now I only RE/MM/SR. O:

nkg2k10

the fossil wreaker
1. no i dont seach for shinies because i dont have the time to
2. shinies used to be important but with all the methods to get shinies have lost there importantce
3. no i dont use any methods i just would like to randomly run into them

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
yes
no butthey are still awesome
MMing mostly (i hate SR even though it got me a gay darkri and black raquaza)

1.) No. But if I am lucky enough to come across one then you bet i'll try to catch it!

2.) Well, they are rare, so they are important when it comes to obtaining really rare Pokemon in any given game.

3.) I don't actively search for them, so, no comment