• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you see the Unova League being formated similarly to the Sinnoh League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
I don't care what Format the league is in as long as its not rushed by the 6th gen game and if loses this one let it be legit not no rival that shows up at the last minute and no Legendary trainer

true. i but whatever happens i want ash to atleast reach the final and if he loses, lose honourably.
and one more thing: he HAS to beat trip....i just hate that kid: "that's basic" arrrgh!!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think it will be formatted a bit like the hoenn and sinnoh ones.

Preliminaries: Montages only. 1 vs 1.
Top 64: 2 vs 2
Top 32: Double Battles
Top 16: 3 vs 3
Top 8: Full Battles
Top 4: Full Battles
Finals: Full Battle

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
They should bring back the double battles. Those were really interesting. :(

Or introduce triple battles, and do a 3 on 3, a double battle, a triple battle, and 3 6 on 6's.

Like this:
Top 128: 3 on 3's
Top 64: Double battles
Top 32: Triple battles
Top 16: 6 on 6
Top 8: 6 on 6
Top 4: 6 on 6
Top 2: 6 on 6

But I only expect Ash to make it to the Semifinals again.

Graham Aker

They should bring back the double battles. Those were really interesting. :(

I really want to see how triple battles work in the series. Hope there's an episode down the line about it like the one in Hoenn where that one guy teaches Ash about double battles.

Dax

Legend
Well yeah, or triple battles. Just try to make some of the battle rounds different than the normal battling. The League should be spiced up.

Fhrosty

I want to see something exactly like the Kanto League. Battling on four different types of fields for the preliminaries.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Well yeah, or triple battles. Just try to make some of the battle rounds different than the normal battling. The League should be spiced up.

Tobias could appear again

BNVshark

Follower of Cilan
I would like to see more battles, after all, people only really watch Pokemon to watch good battles.

Now to answer the question, do I see the Unova League being formatted similarly to the Sinnoh League, no. Since Best Wishes is supposed to be, more or less, a reboot for the series, I can see it starting off like the Kanto League then, in an ultra-surprising-lol-whatjusthappened event, they might make N appear out of nowhere and wrap up the whole Plasma plot by mirroring the events of the game.

... Okay, they probably won't do that, but a boy can dream, right?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since I strongly believe that there will be a filler arc after the Black & White saga, and since that would give the writers more room to work, I think that the Unova League will be done correctly. That means no random troll trainer with Legendary Pokemon and no rushing through the ending ceremony. In terms of battles, it would be like a combination of the Indigo League and the Hoenn League. That means that Ash's preliminary battles will be shown and then we'll get to see him battle the League rival. I don't know where that would put Trip, but I've stopped caring about him, so he can be fought before the League rival or something.

Salamandre

^Hmmm if there is a filler saga then where would it be based on(rhetorical question). During AG we had pokemon emerald introduce battle frontier, in b/w all we have is the other side of unova which doesn't have that much of a point to it. So we can guess that i'll be something the new game introduces like a battle subway verson of frontier if it's grey. Battle Frontier sinnoh with palmer if it's a hoenn remake or my guess for what it'll likely be, 50-60 fillers after the 8th gym based on the other side of unova. Either way i am hoping for a longer league series

RedJirachi

Veteran member
As long as a guy who's inexplicably leet haxxor doesn't show up in the end.Something different, but with a format we've seen before

Oh,and what'll make it all the more awesome is if N shows up,he and Ash the last two in the leauge.It'll tie in with the story arc,be a parallel to the games and awesome,all in one fell swoop

BM14murph

Master Collector
Wouldn't say so no. I say it's going to be more like Kanto as in we'll only see that regions Pokemon battling. Well Kanto had no other choice but you know

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Wouldn't say so no. I say it's going to be more like Kanto as in we'll only see that regions Pokemon battling. Well Kanto had no other choice but you know

A better example was Hoenn.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
A better example was Hoenn.

Hoenn had pokemons from previows pokedexes, aka previows regions, you guys seriously need to lay of the Hoenn = Isshu thing.

Kanto is the really the best example of a league but like he said, they didn't have any other choice since we only had one generation out.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hoenn had pokemons from previows pokedexes, aka previows regions, you guys seriously need to lay of the Hoenn = Isshu thing.

Kanto is the really the best example of a league but like he said, they didn't have any other choice since we only had one generation out.

For Ash's Pokemon getting a League to their Pokemon, yes, they did.

AwesomeMudkip14

I want to see rotation battles as well as double and triple battles.

It'd make it more varied to see how Ash handles all the different situations

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so here's what I want to see, incorporating the majority of BW, so that you guys get a timeline here:

BW1 - Start of Best Wishes
BW5/6 - Striaton Gym
BW15/16 - Nacrene Gym
BW25 - Castelia Gym
BW41 - Nimbasa Gym
BW55 - Driftveil Gym
BW75 - Mistralton Gym
BW90 - Icirrus Gym
- A lot of Team Plasma stuff in between..
BW115/6 - Opelucid Gym (arc one, with Drayden still accepting the challenge)
- A lot of training stuff in between, particularly heavy focus on Iris' training.
BW125 - Opelucid Gym (arc two, Drayden is challenged by Iris, and he grants her the option of fighting as the gymleader against Ash)
BW127 - Opelucid Gym - Ash vs. Iris.
- Then a whole lot of training with the reserves, and a bit of Plasma activity
BW140 - Pokemon League Starts!!!
BW153 - Pokemon League Finals! Ash vs. N! Ash LOSES! Mostly because N spams Kyurem in his face..
BW154 - Ash has to start dealing with what N has done, and more importantly, what he is planning. This can be seen as a 'filler' part, as the League is already over, but it could involve the Seven Sage (a battle with one around every 4th episode, excluding Ghetsis. That will be a special treat after N is defeated), Looker and finally it would all end with a Ash vs. N rematch.
BW185: Ash vs. N rematch: Ash goes Narutalk-no Jutsu after defeating Kyurem.
BW189: Ash and N vs. Ghetsis: Ash and N double team Ghetsis.
BW190: Iris goes back to Opelucid City, Cilan marries Darach.
BW191: Ash goes back to Nuvema Town and says goodbye to Trip, Juniper and Unova.

Basta...

So yeah, I can see the League being earlier then the finale of the series. The set up is sort of similar to how Hoenn had its league 120 episodes in, and still lasted longer then that.

With more pokemon being caught, I think it's necessary to place the League further back into the series so that all can get decent development. The story arc with N and Team Plasma can continue afterwards with N already being the champion, but for some reason can't accomplish his goal. Fighting the Sages shouldn't take too long, heck Trip can even help if the writers feel as if they're running out of time.

I just can't help but feel that the N storyline is just too good to ditch, and that the games way of handling it would be too brash for the animé. This way, with an Ash vs. N rematch after the league, the writers would have an oppurtunity to keep the original storyline, and have Ash beat a champion in the same season. However due to the League getting such an important part in this then ongoing storyline, I can see it getting a shipload of episodes, possibly getting the few the Grand Festival got in Sinnoh attached to it, so

8 -> Sinnoh League
4 -> Sinnoh Grand Festival
_______________________++
12 -> Unova League?

Episode 1 -> Opening, two one on one preliminary battles (and a few still screens ala Johto, aka the battles that only hate (our Johto-troll) had remembered)
Episode 2 -> Top 128: 3 on 3 - Langley
Episode 3 -> Top 64: 3 on 3 - Random
Episode 4 -> Top 32: Triple Battle - Random
Episode 5 -> Top 16: Triple Battle - Cheren (although I think that Trip is his replacement, they're basically identical)
Episode 6 -> Top 8: Full Battle - Bianca
Episode 7 -> Top 8: Full Battle - Bianca
Episode 8 -> Top 4: Full Battle - Trip
Episode 9 -> Top 4: Full Battle - Trip
Episode 10 -> Top 4: Full Battle - Trip
Episode 11 -> Finale: Full Battle - N
Episode 12 -> Finale: Full Battle Ending with N triomphant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.