• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you seriously use Pikachu?

Do you use Pikachu on your Pokemon games?

• Total voters

~*Pikafan*~

Have you seen me?
Yes, I do. Where do I use my Pikachu...

1. I use 2 of them on Pokemon Crater
2. I use 1 in FR.
3. I use 1 in LG.

Hoshi no Kabii

I tried to train him to level 100, but I quit on level 66 because I hated him. I played through Leaf Green with him just for laughs. I still can't believe I beat the Elite Four with a Pikachu.

Only with a Light Ball. And when you have one, you'd be surprised how useful Pikachu is. Raikou, Zapdos, Jolteon, and the like are still better, but Pikachu is useful enough in its own right.

And people who hate it for the show seriously need to STFU =/ It's an outdated, irrelevant reason to hate it.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Pikachu is an incredibly useful pokemon in the beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen. It is the only electric type for awhile and really helps school Misty and the like. I use pikachu all the time.

Eszett

one love
No. It's just another boring textbook Electric type, why bother? At least Ampharos gets Fire Punch and Focus Punch, Electabuzz has all three punches and Psychic, Lanturns gets Surf and Ice Beam in addition to Volt Absorb, and even Manectric has access to Crunch.

Light Ball is not enough to merit Pikachu's battle worth, since it doesn't change its horrid defenses or provide it with the speed boost to block Slakings and other heffalumps and woozles.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Nein. I prefer Magneton as my Electric type, and even if I did train a Pikachu it'd just be until it learned the level-up moves I wanted for a Raichu. :/

FlamingRuby said:
If you don't like him, then why is he your avatar?

He can and does make a good battler (and contester too) if trained properly. But my current one on Emerald's in the PC atm...

Uhm.....

*These are not the droids you are looking for...*

Oh, and let me rephrase this: I mean using Pikachu, NOT RAICHU, for real two-player uman battles. The CPU can be easily out-leveled, except in certain challenges. And Contests can even be won by Magikarp, if you try hard.

Last edited:

Anikin

Rebel
Yes. I do use Pikachu in my battles.

Angelic Elf Ivy

Yeah. I catch two and evolve one while I keep the other as a Pikachu.
I kindda like the little guy even if you see him everywhere.
;025;: =3 "Pikachu"

Ssargon

Wind Dragon
Mwar, if I start with a Charmander in my Red or FR/LG, then I'll hunt for as many Pickachus as I can find so I have a hope in hell of beating Misty. Otherwise...nope. I don't like it as an Electric-type, don't like it as a Pokémon, I just plain don't like it. Mostly because I'm sick and bloody tired of seeing it. Everywhere. As the symbol of Pokémon, as Ash's overused and overpowered might-as-well-be-his-only-Pokémon in the anime [not like I've watched it in ages anyway], I just...dun like it. Although that rat painted like a Pikachu was cute I'll admit.............

blueguy

used Metronome!
Yes. I see no reason not to. I don't know much about stats and boring technical facts, but Pikachu is a great Pokémon to acquire in R/B/Y/FR/LG and is goshdarn adorable.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Wow...talk about a bias poll where the answer "yes" makes you look like a n00b.
First of all...it doesn't matter what the show does. Pikachu is the mascot. Deal and chill.
Second, yes, I use Pikachu and its evolutions for a whole mess of things - contests of all different kinds, battling, breeding...and heck, I catch one everytime I spot one. Pikachu can be a good Pokemon if you train it well instead of being lazy and making a poll expressing hate for the rodent and the people who do use it.
And you can fix its Defense by feeding it Iron and that stuff.

Last edited:

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Gargomon251 said:
And Contests can even be won by Magikarp, if you try hard.

F'real. The contest excuse to use Pikachu is kinda pointless since almost any contest can be beaten by just about any Pokemon if you use enough of those combination thingies. My Sharpedo totally sweeps the Master Rank Beauty Contest. :p

Yeah, Pikachu is kinda lame, but I don't really have anything against it. It's annoying when people make up excuses to defend it though. There's not really much of a point to defending it. It is what it is.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Only when it has a Light Ball. Moves like Iron Tail, Focus Punch, and the occasional Hidden Power are good for it.
Why can't it (or Raichu) learn Ice Punch? :mad:

PDL

disenchanted
I don't hate it really.

I'll admit that it's pretty outclassed by other electrics out there, but I'm willing to use Raichu.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ingame Pikachu is quite good with lightball. Keep in mind that its special attack with light ball is through the roof and its movepool is pretty good. People just say its one of the worst out of spite. Its better then almost any NFE pokemon. Really its not fair to say it sucks if it isn't even evolved completely