1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you seriously use Pikachu?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Gargomon251, Jun 28, 2006.

?

Do you use Pikachu on your Pokemon games?

1. YA! Pika is teh 00b3r-1337! GO ASH!~

33.6%
  2. Not on my good team, only to show off, or be stupid.

29.6%
  3. **** no! What kind of moron does that?

36.8%
  1. shooting star

shooting star Leaving SPPF! G'bye!

Had one in my team a while ago. It was pretty good. Its crazy to hate it just because of its popularity.

2. Penguin

Penguin The Chappy Bunny

I am not all that fond of Pikachu, really. The only time I every get one is to eventually evolve it into a Raichu, which I like a lot more.

3. Sk@rmory288

Sk@rmory288 Put User Title Here

No, and never will. I got Magneton and Raikou for help.

BTW, I strted thev tie. lol

-The Skarm

4. Pikachu1125

Pikachu1125 Rap Rocker

Hell yes I do, I don't get people who don't find Pikachu great(I'm talking about Surfing Pika, I know Pika sucks without surf). I don't get Raichu users too, I'd rather use Electabuzz if not for Pikachu's Light Ball effect.

5. Crackichu

Crackichu Member

I'm pretty fond of Raichu, myself. But there are better electric types, and I usually swap him out if I'm not too lazy.

6. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

I'm never going to use some dumb little yellow mouse that has the defensive stats of a wet noodle. Pikachu is just the dumbest most overrated thing there is.

7. gligirl

gligirl kugutsu no jutsu

nay, its so overrated and really chubby in the anime and the early sprites.

i like electabuzz from the eletric types

8. TeamPez2

TeamPez2 Well-Known Member

Electabuzz > Pikachu. Magneton > pikachu. Any other electric besides pre evos >Pikachu

9. Judai Yuki

Judai Yuki Banned

Yes I do seriously use Pikachu.

-Judai

10. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Pikachu can be decent with Light Ball.

Better than Raichu, at least.

11. Ho-oh Master

Ho-oh Master Well-Known Member

F no, he is like so weak.

12. Pikachu

Pikachu NW Tourney Winner

I use Pikachu all the time. Light Ball Volt Tackle OHKO most water types including Milotic. I once even took out a Snorlax with 2 (and Venusaur with 3). And Surfing Pikachu is very lethal with Light Ball.

Pikachu is even on my best non-legendary single battle teams.

13. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Do you even play Netbattle and the like?

14. The Thrashmeister

The Thrashmeister <-- Made of awesome.

I use Raichu, actually. >_>;

15. Mumage

Mumage Well-Known Member

No, I don't think I ever have, or ever will. >>

16. TRGrunt_CryoPhoenix

TRGrunt_CryoPhoenix Respect my Authority

Only a little in Pkmn Yellow. He was more of back-up to my lvl 90 Pidgeot. I'd rate Pikachu as so-so. He's not invincible, as they make him out. I'd rather evolve him into Raichu.;026;

17. Dragoon

Dragoon Beginning Trainer

I hunted down a lightball, and will train up a pikachu with it at some point when I'm bored (or if I get assignd pika in a scramble).

18. Emerald Pikachu

Emerald Pikachu Forest Dweller

If i hear the whole "Pikachu is so overrated" thing, one more time, i am going to throw something.
    Judging by the posts in this thread, the majority of people don't use it, and if they do it's just for Raichu.
    So would you mind explaining to me, where you get the "overrated" from?
    Seeing as most people seem to think Pikachu sucks (at least game wise) that makes it underrated if anything.

How many times do i have to explain that there's a difference between overrated and overmarketed.

Secondly, am i the ONLY person who builds teams of pokemon that i personally like, as opposed to which is strongest?

I honestly don't care whether Pikachu is the best electric type out there or not. I use Pikachu because i LIKE him. I don't want to breeze through my games with the most unbeatable team ever. I just want to have fun, playing with a team of pokemon that i actually like. It's more of a challenge anyways. I ALWAYS have a Pikachu in my team (whenever possible) and apart from completing the pokedex, i refuse to ever use Raichu.

I don't have anything against Raichu (it's actually one of my favs), but i'd just prefer to use Pikachu. And i don't appreciate being looked down on because of it.

19. Pikachu1125

Pikachu1125 Rap Rocker

Yeah I like Raichu too, but I prefer Pikachu over it.

20. Raticate

Raticate Jax the Crazy One

I don't really use it. My Primape, Prima is my powerhiouse.