• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you seriously use Pikachu?

Do you use Pikachu on your Pokemon games?

• Total voters

Sharp

Oooh, is it?
No I don't...I used to use Raichu a lot...but now I use neither.

Kyaku

. . .
Yes. I use Pikachu. But only in Sapphire.

Pika is really good without the Lightball. (To me) But I usually don't use him in battle. He's used more in Cool Contests.

-Spikey-

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
pikachu shall never be in my party for team purposes though I do use it in cool contests as it can use the charge & volt tackle combination well.

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
pikachu is in my dumb team although it doesnt have volt tackle. i battled my bor's lapras and got critical hit with volt tackle. lapras fainted but recoil killed pika.:(

-Buoysel-

Spins Tails Rapidly
Yeah, I use him as the electric Pokemon in my team in LG, but in R/S, it is Manetric. I like them cause you get them relatively early in the game.

Skinwalker

Yes. Raichu made a pretty cool subpuncher (lolz). Pikachu is fun in level balance, and with a lightball its special attack is decent enough so that it can sweep (...a bit) in UU.

Plus it's fun in game for nostalgia.

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
I had fun with Pikachu a few times in Netbattle. No one ever expects you to have a Salac Berry on your Espeon/Celebi. They expect even less for you to Baton Pass a Salac boost and two+ calm minds to a Pikachu. So you can expect that they don't expect to have their remaining pokemon all 1HKO'd by said Pikachu, even if you happen to have a Deoxys-E or Rayquaza on your team.

For some reason, making unexpected movesets/using unexpected pokemon was the only way I had any fun with Netbattle. The smogon movesets just got boring and repetitive...its like no one on there could think for themselves =/

spareux

maldición
Pikachu, Light Ball, Charge and Volt Tackle are rather deadly and unexpected in the metagame. I still don't use it.

Pikachu itself I have nothing against, I just hate it battle and move-wise. I would never use him on my team after my old Saphirre version.

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
So...we have, for loser's Pikachu, the WORST moveset ever...

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

Please. And of course, let's not forget the infamous "Thunder Armor" from the Tate & Liza episode.

I have a whole thread on this over on the General Pokemon Discussion. You can rant on Pikachu there.

I wouldn't use it. Limited movepool, horrible stats regardless of nature.

Zac Rhodes

Call me Zac
I never use pikachu because Raichu kind of sucks and I always thought that its unfair how since johto that he gets his own item that only works on him and his own move only for him.

Pikachu1125

Rap Rocker
Pikachu, Light Ball, Charge and Volt Tackle are rather deadly and unexpected in the metagame. I still don't use it.

Pikachu itself I have nothing against, I just hate it battle and move-wise. I would never use him on my team after my old Saphirre version.

No, the turn he's using it anybody can kill it.

Best Pika move set:

Pikachu@ Ash's hat

Thunderbolt
Thunder
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

LOL

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I used Pikachu if I have the Opertunity.

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
I use Pikachu whenever i want. I don't know alot about stats and all those dull, technical stuff, but i like using it and i'll use any pokemon i damn well please. I catch two and evolve one.

As a part of a serious team (i.e. for Wi-Fi), then no.

EDIT: This has got to be the most unfair poll i've seen so far.

Seeing as the poll title said: "Do you use Pikachu on your Pokemon games?" I voted yes, because i like using it. Also, i'm not a bandwagon jumper who says it's crap, just because of the show.

Last edited: