• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coileach

For me at least, ever since i've gotten more and more into egg moves, IVs, EVs and natures its been getting more addictive but less enjoyable. I'd say the highlight of my pokemon days was playing gold version and not caring about any of the complex mechanics. What say you?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
On average, yeah, but it definitely fluctuates from time to time. Sometimes, usually around game release times, I'm well into it, but then there'll be other times when it's not so much.

shadorai

wandering trainer
yeah, I've enjoyed pokemon just as much as i used to.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
No. I first played Ruby/Sapphire, and I loved it. Then I played Gold/Silver, which I liked it until the game started freeze up (it was store bought too!). Then Diamond/Pearl came and that's when I started doing some other things in the game, mostly what Coileach said. But, I still liked it.

Then Black/White came and that's when it started to go down for me. Gen 6 will probably be a lot better, so I'm happy about that. I still play the games before Gen 5, but still not as happy as I was with Gen 4.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
My interest for Pokemon has been the same since I have been introduced to it when I was young, but it kinda dropped down during the release of BW and came back up upon the release of BW2.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I actually ENTIRELY agree. I think I enjoyed the games a lot more before I was introduced to the more competitive aspects of. I used to enjoy just starting games constantly and playing through, but I barely ever do that anymore. Now I just train my pokeys up in their EVs and battle on the Wi-Fi which I BARELY even enjoy. It's more like a chore. I need to reset myself and just go back to enjoying random playthroughs.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I actually ENTIRELY agree. I think I enjoyed the games a lot more before I was introduced to the more competitive aspects of. I used to enjoy just starting games constantly and playing through, but I barely ever do that anymore. Now I just train my pokeys up in their EVs and battle on the Wi-Fi which I BARELY even enjoy. It's more like a chore. I need to reset myself and just go back to enjoying random playthroughs.

Actually, I only DO random playthroughs. I never battle competitively, I don't train my Pokemon with EVs or IVs or egg moves. Probably because its too boring to learn ow to competitivly battle, and more easy to just enjoy the game as it is.

And yes, I do enjoy the games as much as I use to when I bought Diamond. In fact, I enjoy them even MORE now.

Ausgirl

I'd say I enjoy it even more. The designs are getting way more creative and the graphics are getting a lot better. At first the new game mechanics annoyed the hell out of me but now that I understand it, I don't have a problem with it. I can now get any pokemon I want shiny and flawless by myself, although I really only care about nature and IVs. Anyway, I can't wait to see what XY brings!

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I used to be literally addicted. I had a literal physical, psychological, and mental addiction to it. Then my best game got stolen.

Since then, I've learned to calm down and play casually.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I definitely don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid, I was an addict!

I still enjoy playing the games very much, but I can become bored with them after a while and not play for long periods of time.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I enjoy it more every gen, with better graphics, music, battle mechanics, and imo the designs are better overall. I have barely ever gotten into competitive, so that helps. Of course it's way less challenging then when I was a kid, so it makes it less dramatic in a way in terms of just battling not to lose., but I also can understand the stories much more now.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I started out in Leafgreen and enjoyed the game until my hearts content, then I bought Sapphire and I was even more hooked, and even played Red, Yellow and Silver alongside. Diamond and Pearl came and and Pearl was the game I was most addicted to back then since I thought Sinnoh was a great region (and I still think so but Unova will always be my favorite until I see how X and Y come out). Then generation 5 came and I started to get into competitive battling which I find a great way to expand my experience with Pokémon (though nowadays I battle on PO/PS for easier and less arbitrary grinding). Even though I haven't touched my Black 2 in a while, I plan to go play again to hunt for some Shiny Pokémon.

zozo

SLIMED!
Oddly enough, the more I got into egg moves and natures and IVs and all that stuff, I've found Pokemon to be much more enjoyable for a longer period of time. It used to be that a new game would come out, I'd get excited, play it until I beat it and finished most of the post-game content, then get bored and put Pokemon aside until the next game came out.
Then I found out about how to customize Pokemon so that they become better battlers, and it opened up many new possibilities for teams that I never knew could exist. Now I'm always trying new things and it's taking me far longer to get to get bored with Pokemon. And even when I do, it doesn't take me long to get interested in a new project and get back into it.

Aegon

My interest in the series has fallen dramatically. The games are too similar and repetitive, I find, and after almost ten years, it's often hard to keep coming back to them. I do enjoy the games for a while, but they fail to hold my attention for months at a time – as they once did – when there are far more varied and appealing games out there.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
It's actually more enjoyable for me now. When I started playing competitive, I got to meet new people, and it's sort of Gratifying beating people with the team you trained with all your hard work. True, EV training and the lot can be boring, but there's always battle simulators if you don't like it.

Before, playing Pokemon was something I used to do just to pass time, but now it's one my main hobbies!

Estellise

peachy
My love for Pokemon has gone down quite a bit, but I'm still a fan. I'm sure XY will pull me back into the series, though. ^^

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
I've gotten even more into Pokemon now than ever before! I have become addicted to trading so yeah. Plus I have found dvds for the seasons of the series I have missed. I am in my Pokemon hayday after all these years.

Ditto B1tch

I don't enjoy Pokemon as much as before when I didn't know what EV's, IV's, nature and all the other complex mechanisms were.

Also, I don't enjoy the anime either as much as Ash went to Hoenn.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
For me at least, ever since i've gotten more and more into egg moves, IVs, EVs and natures its been getting more addictive but less enjoyable. I'd say the highlight of my pokemon days was playing gold version and not caring about any of the complex mechanics. What say you?

I feel the exact same way.Shiny hunting helps me a little bit though.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
This is an interesting question for me because in ways yes and in other ways no.

A lot of people would classify me as a gen oner when I say that I really do enjoy and prefer R/B/Y to the new games but at the same time that's not entirely true. I wouldn't say I love the new games as much as the classics heck no, i'd play Red version over Black 2, "flawed" battle mechanics and all -why do you think I mad a competitive R/B/Y team- but they are still great fun and i'm still avidly playing my Black 2, plus I just bought White 2 and I just got done EV training a Pokemon for the first ever time on my Black 2 game, and I love the heck out of Soul Silver. I really can't wait wait 6th gen has in store. So far it looks promising.

The only pokemon game that I just can't play for the life of me is ironically Fire Red/Leaf Green. I don't know why but...I just can't get into it. I've never actually beaten it, to me it's just not gen 1. I didn't like R/S/E anyway so that might have had something to do with it. I didn't really like the sprites and the battle mechanics and the music -the music and sprites were a big influence for my dislike- stuff like that in those gens and to have R/B/Y slapped on the base of my most disliked generation it's just really hard to get into. Every time I pay it I just can't and end up going back to playing Red version again, because I like it better, I can stand it. That's just my freaky logic spewing out and i'd adore GF for the rest of my like if they made gen 1 remake with the new mechanics and new style. Hell remake gen 3, I might be able to get into it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.