• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I still enjoy it just as much as when I was young. It is one of my favorite game series.

aVoid

Been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue; but I think the highlight would be D/P. I sort of stopped playing around the release of HG/SS, I mean why should I try so hard to get my Pokemon legitimately when others just PokeSav it or cheat to get it in 10 minutes. Just discourages me to play. But X/Y is getting me interested all over again.

Kornels

Procrastinator
I used to care about raising the most badass Pokémon and getting to the Elite Four but recently I've been more into trading and completing my Pokédex. I really enjoy the games, but the anime not so much.

Unoin

I enjoy it more now because I am more knowledgeable about the games and most other games these days don't interest me

Mew The Gato

Yes, I enjoy Pokemon now as much as I have ever had. There is a reason that it is the world's second largest franchise, beaten only by Mario, even though Mario had a ten-year head start. At this rate, Pokemon will overtake Mario.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've been playing ever since R/B/Y an I played them like crazy. At the time I didn't know any of the mechanics in fact I didn't learn about them until R/S.
I still very much enjoy playing the games however I don't play them as much I use to like I did with R/B/Y, G/S/C. If I had never sold them(which I still regret doing) I would probably be playing them a lot more then what I do with the newer games regardless of how flawed they are. I've tried competitive battling during D/P which is were I learned everything like IV's, EV's, Breeding, etc. When I finally got a team put together an started battling it was fun, but to me it wasn't all that great and very time consuming.
D/P/Pt are my least favorite games in the series I haven't played them since then cause I just can't get into it. In fact during that time I almost lost all interest in the series because of them. However when HG/SS was released I was filled with joy and it pulled me right back in. My second favorite games in the series remade, I still enjoy playing a great deal out of HG/SS. An with Pokemon X and Y coming soon I'm sure it'll spark a whole new interest into the series for me.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Put several hundred hours into the first four generations, had very little interest in Generation 5, both because there was no real way to top the physical special split mechanically, and I couldn't afford the time sink then or now. The nail in the coffin was the annual release cycle that started after D/P- it effectively punishes long term play by making you either play the version with the least features longest, or version with the most features for less than a year.

Do I still love the series as a whole? Well, I wouldn't be here if I didn't :)

PokemonTrainerKaden

I am. It's probably only because the new games are coming out though. I tend to get excited, and then leave it alone when I'm done with the games.

MR DS BOY

Pokemon Master
I definitely still love Pokemon to death, however not as much as when I was a kid. I think it's mainly because none of my family/friends play it anymore. I always loved playing Pokemon with others and I know I can play with people online now, but it's not the same.

Aside from that though, I still enjoy it as much as I ever have.

crobatman

I agree with the first poster. The thing that keeps me playing the game, is just raising a team. That is why I played through my old games so many times. They have great replay value. Now, with White and Black, I am afraid to start over the game because I keep bringing over old pokemon, and it takes a lot of work to trade them and restart. I put too much effort in breeding for abilities, moves, and ev training. It keeps it addictive, but I think I did enjoy it more when I was younger. I hardly have time to sit and play games anymore too. Got other priorities in life.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
While I'm not able to play pokemmon as much as a kid and a teenager, this series is my start of building my own video game.
Believe it or not, its from Pokemon that I actually developed travelling habits and reading habits.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Yes, I play it quite a lot. Even though I don't have too much free time, I still play quite a bit of pokemon. Maybe even more than I used to.

CliveKoopa

I don't really follow pokemon much nor play the games as much, I am still a fan of the anime though although I do need to catch up as I haven't seen most of the B/W eps. I do go to the pokemon IRC chats regularly, which I recently gotten back into.

Omishka

Mudkip Master
I love Pokemon more than I did than when I was a kid, I know more than I did, and I've learned about shinies(about 2 years ago) so now I have things to hunt for!

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I will always enjoy Pokemon >:)

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Not at all, sadly. Didn't buy B2/W2 at all, which is the first time I've missed a game release in the main series since GSC. They just don't do it for me anymore.

halloweenghost

Very much so... yes. My love for pokemon is still as strong if not stronger then it was in the past.. sometiems i need to take small breaks from the games to not burn out on them, but i still tumblr pokemon, watch the anime every week.....but other then that I love pokemon..

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Yeah I still do. Even though I haven't regularly watched new anime episodes in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.