• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
I've been playing pokemon since silver & gold. I always played contently. Then I found out about IV's & EV's in gen 5, last year. I was somewhat surprised but not overly. I always wanted a way to maximize my pokemon's strength & little did I know it's always been around. It got me out of pokemon for a while knowing I had missed all this. It went over my head but after I figured it was simple I was back into pokemon again. So for the most part I do enjoy it as much as I ever did.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'm kind of weird when it comes to the Pokemon franchise. I sort of enjoy it off and on. So it's hard to really answer that question honestly, because my answer would change with the moment.

I guess right now I like it. But later on, I might lose interest in it for awhile, and then go back to it after some time passes. That tends to be the pattern with me and Pokemon.

Sir Repeat

My love for pokemon kind of has its on and off phases. Like, while a game is new, or while I have a bunch of people to play with, my excitement for the game is relatively high; but if not, sometimes I'll just stop playing the game altogether until some new inspiration to play again hits me.
Right now, I'm really excited. I cannot wait for X/Y to release. :)

B-Rabbit

Abyssal
I love the pokemon games. I've played them since their first few days on planet earth :]
Right there with red and blue. how times have changed!
Ive played at least one game of each gen and each release. I tell you ill never be to old to play these games!

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
I only started playing Pokémon around the time of Diamond and Pearl's release (oh wow that was almost 6 years ago now), but if anything I've actually begun to enjoy it more. The games are just getting better and better, and I most defiantly do at least 1 thing a day that has something to do with Pokémon. With X and Y coming out in a few months, this will all just increase even more. The anime may not be as good as it used to be, but that will never stop me from playing the games.

Prelude

Prelude
every time i try to replay games i end up resetting for natures. i don't even know why because i can't competitively battle with them

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Of course not.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the games a lot and am excited for XY, but to say that I enjoy Pokémon as much now as I did as an eight year old... yeah, no, unrealistic. Back then I couldn't sleep because I was so excited over getting my first Pokémon toy the next day. Back then I bought every one of those Pokédex magazines or whatever they call them nowadays, just to read stuff I already knew. I played the games all the damn time. Even after completing both the game and the Pokédex, I just kept playing because damn it, it was summer and there was no better way to spend it than sit at the balcony with my two friends, eating ice cream and berries and training our favorite Pokémon. I had dozens of Pokémon at level 100. I battled with my bro every day. Every time I got enough money for it, I bought a new pack of toys or Pokémon Cards. I traded cards with a bunch of people, battled and brought my Pokémon toys outside to fight and kick my friend's ass with my Raichu, because after that Lt. Surge episode Raichu was the boss. I didn't miss a single episode. I had the time to rewatch again and again while I played all day.

Those times? Golden. I do enjoy Pokémon now, but nothing can beat the sheer enthusiasm I had towards it as a kid. Of course not, because as a kid you had more time and less things you could do, and you could get excited over the silliest things easily.

Nowadays I play when I have the time and am not doing one of the gazillion other things I find fun today but couldn't even dream of doing as a kid.

As for IVs, EVs and such... eh. I can ignore them if I ever feel they become a drag. Not a problem.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
I've always been more of a collector (In more then one way), and I really find that the introduction of new games, and new pokemon make the game more enjoyable. On top of that, I still play like I did when Red & Blue first came out, which is to catch my pokemon, and not care about IVs or EVs (probably why I will never competitively battle).

The only real thing I find frustrating is hatching eggs and such, but that was something I got to know in Gen II.

SeanStein

I want your skull.
Most fun I ever had, was playing emerald for the first time, and beating it.I come back to it a lot more now, because of the competitive battling.

ILK~CMP

Neo Redux
My interest/involvement in the fandom seems to ebb and flow. While I'm not sure if I'll ever enjoy it as much as I did when it was a fad that everyone enjoyed (RBY days), my interest always peaks when a new generation is released. I'll buy the games, knock 'em out quickly, get one card of each new monster released for my Pokedex collection, then the interest declines slightly. It's usually pretty high during summers, though that might change now that I'm in the real world.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
Do I enjoy it as much as I did as a kid? That's a good question. As a kid the pokemon series was a good friend. Always there when times were tough and when people put me down. Plus as a kid things just seem better. Not that pokemon is bad , I still enjoy it. Although as I've gotten older I've matured and grown. I can't say the game has done that. Game freaks target audience is still an age bracket of ages 8-13, therefore the story and themes are directed towards them. So the story of each game is not as enticing as I use to be. But the gameplay has kept me coming back again and again for each release. So I guess I still love pokemon but not to the degree that I enjoyed as a kid.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Do I enjoy it as much as I did as a kid? That's a good question. As a kid the pokemon series was a good friend. Always there when times were tough and when people put me down. Plus as a kid things just seem better. Not that pokemon is bad , I still enjoy it. Although as I've gotten older I've matured and grown. I can't say the game has done that. Game freaks target audience is still an age bracket of ages 8-13, therefore the story and themes are directed towards them. So the story of each game is not as enticing as I use to be. But the gameplay has kept me coming back again and again for each release. So I guess I still love pokemon but not to the degree that I enjoyed as a kid.

no ne will ever enjoy it as much, because people will grow older and as you say the games will always be targeted at the same audience. the thing is though, no matter what your age is you can still enjoy at least some aspects of the games.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
no ne will ever enjoy it as much, because people will grow older and as you say the games will always be targeted at the same audience. the thing is though, no matter what your age is you can still enjoy at least some aspects of the games.

Oh I do agree. There still a lot the game offers that I still enjoy. I'm still amazed I've been a fan since I was 10 . Game freak has found a way to capture our attention. So yes no matter your age we can still enjoy this game. I'm just saying I enjoyed it a lot more as a kid. But I still love pokemon.

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
Not as much, black and white 2 was the start of the downward spiral for me, i didn't really get into the game and i already hated the anime

Nah my love for Pokemon has declined since the GS days. I still play some of the games occasionally but it doesn't feel that fun any more.

The Master Chief

I love the games just as much as i did years ago. Pokemon gained a lot of cool points by adding a new type but lost some bro points due to name ^_^" But im loving all the new features that they added since b/w til now.

But is it my favorite game? It lost that title 4 years ago xD I rather play some competitive FPS over pokemon anyday

Last edited:

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I'll admit Gen 5 has made my interest in pokemon take a bit of a nosedive (crappy anime sagas, linearity of Unova, etc.) but Gen 6 looks like it could be my saviour. Onwards to Kalos!

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I'm honestly not sure, I know that sounds stupid but I have my reasons.

You see, I have gotten a lot better at the games, so I win more and this prompts more enjoyment in the games for me. Also, I learned a lot more about the games. However, as the Op said, IVs and EVs make the games more addictive but are more tedious.

When I was a kid and I didn't care about any of that and just wanted to play for fun, I enjoyed it a lot too. Of course back then, I lost a lot more so this meant I would enjoy it less.

Status
Not open for further replies.