• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still feel upset about Pokemon as it currently is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, the NPC trade system doesn't entirely work, because I want to evolve MY Pokemon and not just get someone else's, and there are certain circumstances that a trade couldn't satisfy. For example, I have a shiny Pikachu from one of the Max Raids, but I want to evolve it into Alolan Raichu, not Kantonian Raichu. So how can I get my shiny Alolan Raichu outside of Alola? The NPC isn't going to trade a shiny for a shiny, is it? I don't think it'd work that way, so unless the variant keeps every single attribute the same (including IVs, natures, characteristics, moves, abilities when applicable, and whether or not it's shiny), they need a system for evolving your own Pokemon instead of just swapping for someone else's.

I had an idea for that where they introduce held items for each region, a Kanto Stone, an Alola Stone, a Galar Stone, etc. If the Pokemon holds the stone when it evolves, it evolves into the variant of that respective region. And if the Pokemon has a variant base form (such as Meowth, Farfetch'd, or Ponyta), if the mother holds the stone while breeding it hatches into that variant. Otherwise if they don't hold one of the stones you would just get whatever evolution or child is the default for that region.

Yeah, ultimately, what I did was breed and evolve Exeggcute in an Alola game, then transferred it forward via Pokémon HOME. That's more steps than I'd like. (Though the original thing I wanted was that Exeggutor should have Frisk, not Harvest, and the NPC with the Ditto will only give out an Exeggutor with Harvest. Since that's a Hidden Ability, you can't change it to Frisk with the Ability Patch. I think that lady in Isle of Armor does sometimes give out Exeggutor with Frisk, but it hasn't happened yet in my game.) Your situation with the shiny Pikachu is not as easily solved, unfortunately.

I was hoping they'd do what they did for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, where Ultra Space counts as non-Alola so you could evolve Cubone, Exeggcute, and Pikachu into their Kantonian selves there, and have some area that counts as Alola for you to evolve Pokémon in, and preferably some other area that counts as neither Galar nor Alola. In particular is Kantonian Weezing, who got a Hidden Ability this generation. Admittedly, Stench is highly situational and much less useful than Levitate unless you're up to something weird, but if you wanted to breed and hatch a Weezing with Stench so it's all-yours, you need to transfer a Weezing forward through an Alola game, GO, or Let's Go! and use the Ability Patch to change Levitate to Stench.

Regarding your idea of regional stones, 3-D models of them exist in Pokémon GO. They have a set of stones for each region introduced thus far themed on Pokémon of that generation (and they're even called Kanto Stones, Johto Stones, etc.). If I recall correctly, they help you evolve Pokémon of that generation, though it could definitely be reworked for the main series in the way you described.

Ultra Beast Lover

Bus

Who else wants to see primal dialga again(PMD:EOS,T,S This is ur time to shine!)
I dunno; I feel I'd like a different mechanic for them. I think I liked the title 'Primal' more than anything else. All Primal Groundon/Kyogre's design consisted of was just shining energy going through the 'lines' of their body (and a kick*** ability).

I feel like they'll stick to Maxing, though. Just like how Megas were introduced in X/Y and Alpha/Omega followed up with newer Megas, I think Diamond/Pearl (if it ends up legimitate) will just end up giving a few Sinnoh pokemon their own Gigantamax versions.

If we're super lucky (like near 0% chance of this happening) we'll get some 'Sinnoahian' Variants or evolutions. The game can just explain it as newly discovered variants or something of other regions' pokemon that appeared in Sinnoh (though it may be limited to Kanto, Johto, & Hoenn since only they were around at the time). That would at least give us hope for
Abra, Zubat, Onix (crystal onix finally?), Machop, Psyduck, Wurmple, Heracross, Gastly, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Golden, Shelder, Barboach, Meditite, Ponyta, Hoothoot, Wooper, Wingull, Girafarig, Remoraid, and Tentacool

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Trainer determined to protect friends
I dunno; I feel I'd like a different mechanic for them. I think I liked the title 'Primal' more than anything else. All Primal Groundon/Kyogre's design consisted of was just shining energy going through the 'lines' of their body (and a kick*** ability).

I feel like they'll stick to Maxing, though. Just like how Megas were introduced in X/Y and Alpha/Omega followed up with newer Megas, I think Diamond/Pearl (if it ends up legimitate) will just end up giving a few Sinnoh pokemon their own Gigantamax versions.

If we're super lucky (like near 0% chance of this happening) we'll get some 'Sinnoahian' Variants or evolutions. The game can just explain it as newly discovered variants or something of other regions' pokemon that appeared in Sinnoh (though it may be limited to Kanto, Johto, & Hoenn since only they were around at the time). That would at least give us hope for
Abra, Zubat, Onix (crystal onix finally?), Machop, Psyduck, Wurmple, Heracross, Gastly, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Golden, Shelder, Barboach, Meditite, Ponyta, Hoothoot, Wooper, Wingull, Girafarig, Remoraid, and Tentacool
Huh. I do like that, but I would include sinnohan forms of other starters too. (Also for other legendaries to get mega's or primal forms(or maybe BOTH!)).

Bus

Huh. I do like that, but I would include sinnohan forms of other starters too. (Also for other legendaries to get mega's or primal forms(or maybe BOTH!)).
That seems a bit too ambitious. We haven't had variations on starters before and I kinda feel they'll always be left alone. As for other Legends, though; that's possible.

On another note, I'd love a Post Story that would involve Arceus in some way. That would give us the first time Arceus was obtainable outside some kind of Promo. We'd probably get more on Silvally too as its purpose seemed to be hinted to being an imperfect attempt to recreate Arceus.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ORAS gave us Deoxys, SWSH-CT gave us Keldeo, so hopefully, DP remakes would give us Arceus. Or Darkrai. Wouldn't mind a crack at getting a Darkrai in a Moon Ball. :p

As for the topic, my feelings are fairly simple; I do not agree with the current Pokemon we have now, but I enjoy SwSh nevertheless.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Yeah, the NPC trade system doesn't entirely work, because I want to evolve MY Pokemon and not just get someone else's, and there are certain circumstances that a trade couldn't satisfy. For example, I have a shiny Pikachu from one of the Max Raids, but I want to evolve it into Alolan Raichu, not Kantonian Raichu. So how can I get my shiny Alolan Raichu outside of Alola? The NPC isn't going to trade a shiny for a shiny, is it? I don't think it'd work that way, so unless the variant keeps every single attribute the same (including IVs, natures, characteristics, moves, abilities when applicable, and whether or not it's shiny), they need a system for evolving your own Pokemon instead of just swapping for someone else's.

I had an idea for that where they introduce held items for each region, a Kanto Stone, an Alola Stone, a Galar Stone, etc. If the Pokemon holds the stone when it evolves, it evolves into the variant of that respective region. And if the Pokemon has a variant base form (such as Meowth, Farfetch'd, or Ponyta), if the mother holds the stone while breeding it hatches into that variant. Otherwise if they don't hold one of the stones you would just get whatever evolution or child is the default for that region.

Oh my gosh yes, so this! I hatched a shiny Koffing in Galar, but shiny Galarian Weezing is ugly as sin lol

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Btw isnt it weird that Cresselia is legandery and Darkrai is mythical ? I always thought they are a sort of a duo..

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Btw isnt it weird that Cresselia is legandery and Darkrai is mythical ? I always thought they are a sort of a duo..
Yeah they are. It's a little weird but not totally unprecedented. Keldeo (mythical) and the Swords of Justice (legendary) came later, but Mew (mythical) and Mewtwo (legendary) were linked as early as gen 1.

Cresselia and Darkrai is different though because if I'm not mistaken, their BSTs are the same too - it makes me wonder if they were supposed to be the box art legendaries and were changed for some reason. I'll take them over Dialga and Palkia any day lol

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After reviewing each generation on an individual basis and not as a whole I'd say no I'm not happy with the current era of games. Sword and Shield are probably the only games I have no desire to replay since I quickly lose interest in playing.

Yes the graphics look great, the gameplay is streamlined, but it's the story and characters that feel shallow.

On the contrary I've started replaying the older games. Mainly the DS era (Gen 4 & 5) since that's when I feel the series was at its peak. It was a simpler time in the series in every aspect. Simple graphics, simple story, no battle gimmicks, and something comforting about being on a handheld system.

Suppose I started feeling this disconnect with the series once XY was released. In my opinion it was in 2013 when things started to get complicated with the new dimension of graphics, battle gimmicks like Mega Evolution, and the regional Pokedex having 300/400+ Pokemon in them. The older games Pokedex having on average 200 was a nice amount. Nowadays I'm just overwhelmed on which of these hundreds of Pokemon should I use?

Last edited:

SerebieNi

Already give up on this. You should check out FFXIV: Shadowbringers. Sure, you'll have to go through all the expansions prior unless you buy a story skip, but it's really worth it to know the story going into it, and OH MY GOD SHADOWBRINGERS IS AMAZING.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this as it's gotten off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.