1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Mister_SGG, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

4th Generation games are old now, and they're pretty soon going to be found in stores in the bargain bins for 10$, if they're not already. What I'm intending to say is that they are essentially "yesterday's news".

Personally I still find these games to be really fun, and, not to start any flame wars, better than the newer ones. Surely I'm not the only one.

So? Do you still like the 4th Gen games?

2. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

I LOVELOVELOVE pokemon platinum. It has my favorite storyline of any pokemon game, and it's just awesome. I am NOT tired of any pokemon game, and never will be.

3. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I love D/P about as much as any other Pokemon game but I've played through them so many times that I've started to get bored with them.

4. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

yeah, i still love the 4th gen games. here though they are still priced at about $40-$60. Thats the price they were when they came out.

5. Mesarin

Mesarin Well-Known Member

Theyre great! I recently played through platinum the 4th time and still happy. :)

6. giradialkia

giradialkia Well-Known Member

I've been replaying Platinum and HeartGold recently and I really enjoy both of them. I enjoyed DP but Platinum just improved on everything, and then HGSS improved on that again. I really think the 4th generation was just great overall.

7. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Frankly, Platinum is better than HGSS and BW, for some reason, the others bore me, and yet I've beaten Platinum at least 20 times.

8. overlordmewtwo

overlordmewtwo Supreme Overlord

Yes. I still like the 4th Gen games. Why? Because I can use those games to get me additional Pokemon to use for teams or trade away to others.

9. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes! I couldn't agree with you more.

I could never stop liking any Pokemon game.

10. iCakeify

iCakeify Luxray Fanboy

lol, Platinum is up there with Red Rescue Team on the list of my fave pokemawn games. If you mess with 4th gen, you're just n oldfag.

11. ~*Scyther*~

~*Scyther*~ Well-Known Member

Pokemon Pltinum is beast! It is my favorite pokemon game EVER! and SGG- the games re for the most part still $35. I wish they were in $10 bargain bins xD

12. ThunderPuncher

ThunderPuncher Electrifying!

Yes, I still like them very much.

I play Platinum pretty often.

13. shekal

shekal completing kanto dex

yup platinum version is rockk..even hgss cant beat it..

14. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

I still have the original pkmn red game... so none of my games will find their way to such places anytime soon.

15. Phoopes

Phoopes There it is.

This is pretty much the way I feel. I play games from every generation from time to time.

16. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I still like... some of them. D/P/P are doubtlessly some of the best games in the series, and I really like them even if I haven't played them very much since the release of Black and White. I think Platinum is the second best Pokemon game of all times. HG/SS on the other hand are the only Pokemon games in the main series which I never liked at all for a number of reasons, I never played them as much as the other games, and they pale in comparison the the other games from 4th generation.

17. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

I've been playing Platinum for a couple of weeks now and I enjoy it a lot more than 5th gen.

18. canadiandragon

canadiandragon Well-Known Member

Ah, Red Rescue Team. You have good taste ma friend.

I have not enjoyed a generation of pokemon more than the 4th gen. It just had so much to offer and still does! I own Platinum and HeartGold and have played them both through at least 5 times (I'm currently playing HeartGold). After I finished White, I left it sitting there collecting dust and haven't touched it since. Didn't thrill me at all.

19. Primal Crusader V

Primal Crusader V Watch some MANime

Yes! I've had many good memories in Pokemon Platinum. To me, that version was phenomenal!

20. GoldenMagikarp

GoldenMagikarp I AM ERROR

I play platinum sometimes, but I mostly just look at the GTS for random pokemon and other random stuff. I would like to restart it sometime, but i have tons of pokemon that i would have to trade over to another game (including most of my event-pokemon). I think that it's a bit better than BW.