• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Ver-mont

SoulSilver is still my favorite, and I still find it better than Black overall.

Maybe the sequels can make me change my mind, who knows.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I find Platinum better than Black.

Soulsilver on other hand is a pretty boring compared with the two aforementioned.

Ver-mont

I still think SoulSilver easily overshadows both Platinum and Black.

Not that I don't like them, I do. Really. But they pale in comparison to HGSS.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I don't know, I have a problem with generation II and its remakes. They are kinda bland and boring, specially the Johto part.
The post game is pretty good, though.

I like Sinnoh Pokémon and I freaking love the Unova ones, that is the main reason that makes me prefer this games.

Ver-mont

For me it's the other way round, I almost completely lose interest in the game once I beat the Elite Four and the Johto part is over.

I like Sinnoh Pokémon. The Unova ones don't appeal me very much but I grew to like them. Mostly.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
D you? This is pretty rare, most people likes to bash Sinnoh Pokémon.
I dunno why. I mean, they aren't THAT creative (So aren't the 2dn generation ones), but they also aren't ugly, with a few exceptions.

I guess it is just a matter of opinion, after all.

I liked the Unova Pokémon because they somewhat reminds me of Hoenn Pokémon, which I freakin' love.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well yeah I kinda do like them. For some reason I still prefer Firered and Black much better than 4th. I would love to play Soulsilver though ^_^ D:

uisfuturegradstudent

I like to play Platinum and Heart Gold! Not Diamond or Pearl! I don't play Soul Silver so I don't know.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I love the 4th gen just as much as I loved the 1st and 2nd gen. The 3rd gen used to be my favourite for sure, but a lot of things in the later gens, especially 5 blew me away. But honestly, all of the game generations have been good for me. Each one has something that makes it stand out from the other. Fourth gen had the awesome remakes and the great sinnoh era.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Platinum was definitly a step up from Diamond and Pearl. Other than that, I thought they were Okay.
:Rank up!

Eusphyra

I'm currently replaying Platinum, gonna see how much I can catch without trading.

The only things I really hate about this gen, are Bidoof and surfing in DP, but to counter that,
we got the most awesome Champion, and two of the coolest pokemon in the entire series!
(Garchomp and Giratina) and oh my god, I love underground. they see me diggin', they hatin'

Diamon, Pearl and Platinum were amazing, and it's still my favorite region. It also brought my al time favorite rock-typer: Rhyperior
The Johto remake was fantastic, i still play it even after black and white, though it is kind of hard to adjust to the slower battles, and the not moving sprites.

Sceptile40

The One...
They're ok. The whole wifi implement was amazing.

Ausgirl

I personally think that gen 4 was the most boring out of all the gens with the exception of HG. That game rocked! As for the rest:

Red: **** graphics but decent storyline
Yellow: loved it!
Gold: loved it! (particularly ho-oh and the storyline about the three dogs)
Crystal: loved it! (as above + girl character & animations)
Sapphire: hated it the first time (miniture characters etc and lack of backwards compatability) but loved it the second time around (cool storyline particularly the final scenes)
Emerald: n/a haven't played it yet
FireRed: very nice (improved graphics etc)
Pearl: ok but after a guy at eb games made comparisons between palkia and a penis I wished that I bourght Diamond
Platinum: ok but didn't feel like it brought anything new to the games
HG: LOVED IT! (including the pkmnn following u thing)
Black: meh... storyline felt contrived to me but I must admit that the new pkmn designs were interesting

Last edited:

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
The DPPt games were a huge improvement is design, the physical/special split was nice and the wi-fi was also amazing. I think however that the storyline is not that good and most of the new pokemon were ugly as fnck imo.

Yes, the 4th Gen games are still fun to play some five years on. And the fact that you can get them pre-owned for £7 at your local game store is all the more reason to pick 'em up if you havn't played them.