• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Mister_SGG

4th Generation games are old now, and they're pretty soon going to be found in stores in the bargain bins for 10$, if they're not already. What I'm intending to say is that they are essentially "yesterday's news".

Personally I still find these games to be really fun, and, not to start any flame wars, better than the newer ones. Surely I'm not the only one.

So? Do you still like the 4th Gen games?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I LOVELOVELOVE pokemon platinum. It has my favorite storyline of any pokemon game, and it's just awesome. I am NOT tired of any pokemon game, and never will be.

Larry

I love D/P about as much as any other Pokemon game but I've played through them so many times that I've started to get bored with them.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, i still love the 4th gen games. here though they are still priced at about $40-$60. Thats the price they were when they came out.

Mesarin

Theyre great! I recently played through platinum the 4th time and still happy. :)

giradialkia

I've been replaying Platinum and HeartGold recently and I really enjoy both of them. I enjoyed DP but Platinum just improved on everything, and then HGSS improved on that again. I really think the 4th generation was just great overall.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Frankly, Platinum is better than HGSS and BW, for some reason, the others bore me, and yet I've beaten Platinum at least 20 times.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Yes. I still like the 4th Gen games. Why? Because I can use those games to get me additional Pokemon to use for teams or trade away to others.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I LOVELOVELOVE pokemon platinum. It has my favorite storyline of any pokemon game, and it's just awesome. I am NOT tired of any pokemon game, and never will be.

Yes! I couldn't agree with you more.

I could never stop liking any Pokemon game.

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
lol, Platinum is up there with Red Rescue Team on the list of my fave pokemawn games. If you mess with 4th gen, you're just n oldfag.

~*Scyther*~

Pokemon Pltinum is beast! It is my favorite pokemon game EVER! and SGG- the games re for the most part still $35. I wish they were in $10 bargain bins xD

shekal

completing kanto dex
yup platinum version is rockk..even hgss cant beat it..

Ausgirl

I still have the original pkmn red game... so none of my games will find their way to such places anytime soon.

Kalosian

So long
I still like... some of them. D/P/P are doubtlessly some of the best games in the series, and I really like them even if I haven't played them very much since the release of Black and White. I think Platinum is the second best Pokemon game of all times. HG/SS on the other hand are the only Pokemon games in the main series which I never liked at all for a number of reasons, I never played them as much as the other games, and they pale in comparison the the other games from 4th generation.

ebevan91

I've been playing Platinum for a couple of weeks now and I enjoy it a lot more than 5th gen.

canadiandragon

lol, Platinum is up there with Red Rescue Team on the list of my fave pokemawn games.

Ah, Red Rescue Team. You have good taste ma friend.

I have not enjoyed a generation of pokemon more than the 4th gen. It just had so much to offer and still does! I own Platinum and HeartGold and have played them both through at least 5 times (I'm currently playing HeartGold). After I finished White, I left it sitting there collecting dust and haven't touched it since. Didn't thrill me at all.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Yes! I've had many good memories in Pokemon Platinum. To me, that version was phenomenal!

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I play platinum sometimes, but I mostly just look at the GTS for random pokemon and other random stuff. I would like to restart it sometime, but i have tons of pokemon that i would have to trade over to another game (including most of my event-pokemon). I think that it's a bit better than BW.