• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I'm rather fond of Platinum though mine got stolen so i feel bummed about it. I do like the story and what you can do so I am considering buying a copy again. I'm also fond of Soul Silver though I sometimes find Kanto a bit lackluster so that tends to discourage me from playing

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I personally love platinum. Yeah, everything is older and less nice than gen 5, but platinum is everything I am looking for in a game PLUS the pokeradar xD

I find HG to be very, very, very repetitive and I do not wish to replay it unless I absolutely need to...

DcMyth

Field Marshal
I played 1-3 religiously stopped moved onto paintball, then my cousins bought diamond and his bro bought pearl and being since the games where fun I bought diamond. thought it would be the last one lol then I seen the trailer to bw2 and read that b/w had a story, any one played black or white pm me please want to know someone's xp with it plan I getting black 2 when they come out

Last edited:

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
I thought, and still think, that HeartGold was a wonderful game and was impressed with Nintendo's revamp on a game that was made over 10 years ago, which also happens to be the first ever video game I played.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I didn't care much for the Sinnoh games. I dunno why. Maybe it's the Pokémon (although I love some of them to death, there are many I just downright dislike), I don't know, but it's the only region whose map layout or gyms I can't remember without looking it up. Even Nuzlocke challenge didn't make it that interesting.

HG, on the other hand... I could play through that game a million times and still have the energy to play through it again. Maybe it's the nostalgia, the 16 gyms or the fact that it's my favorite region or Ho_Oh. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's just 'cause of Ho-Oh, but I love the Johto games to bits.

Then again, I haven't completed my Platinum yet. If it has enough interesting things to make it more worthwhile than Diamond, Sinnoh might get another chance from me.

Sinnoh was my least favorite of the games, but I will still replay it. I started a game on my Platinum and I'm having fun. Even if it's not quite as exciting as the others, it's still a Pokemon game. I still have a ton of fun playing.

Plus, I could play HG/SS forever and ever and still not get bored.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
The Sinnoh games are alright, and every once and a while I get the urge to play Platinum version again.

However, I constantly find myself wanting to replay Heart Gold even though I have the 5th gen games to work on. The Johto remakes are masterpieces to me.

I often play SoulSilver. I have over hundred of strong, EV-trained Pokemon there. I will buy White 2 soon, but maybe I'll still keep my strong Pokemon on SoulSilver. Kanto and Jotho are my favourite regions, I have an obsession with those. Also, SoulSilver can connect with Pokemon Battle Revolution, White 2 can't. However, I rarely play Pearl anymore.

Even with having played Platinum recently, the Sinnoh region, characters and story are one of the few things in Pokemon I can't remember at all. I loved it when playing, but now the experience has gotten vague... I think I need to replay it some time soon :D
HG is my favorite 4th gen game, and I think the game is perfect.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I'll return for Soul Silver, but it's unlikely I'll visit Sinnoh willingly again.

Pearl was my least favourite game of the franchise with the exception of Battle Revolution and almost put me off the franchise, but the Unova region managed to regain my interest.

MallorylovesVulpix

Trainer Since 1999
I just started over SoulSilver last night. Easily my FAVORITE Pokèmon game ever. It's beautiful, fun, exciting, everything about it is perfect. It will probably always be my favorite. I'm not as big of a fan of DPPt, but I still like them a lot. Always will :)

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I prefer HGSS to all fith gen games so far. I love the nostalgia and I don't think I will ever reply get into the new games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like all the Generation 4 games with the possible exception of Platinum version; that game never grew on me for some reason. I tend to stick with HeartGold and SoulSilver version. My Diamond version doesn't want to play on my main DS anymore; it only works on the DS Lite for some reason, so I don't play it often. And I restarted my Pearl version about a year ago, but I only got as far as Jubilife City before playing something else. So while I like Generation 4, I'm not as loyal to it as I should be.