• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
Absolutely love them. I still only play my Soul Silver to this day.

Ditto B1tch

Yes, I still like 4th Gen games. I still like even the all other previous generations, but you asked specifically about the 4th one.

Platinum and Explores of Sky were my favorite games from 4th generation.

I feel like I really should go-through Platinum again, but my sister kinda stole it and am waiting for her to finish it. I got Soulsilver recently, it's fun, but I haven't been able to beat Red yet, and don't know how to train to get up to him...

Bramble

I still love my fourth generation games. I played Diamond today. One of the new things introduced in BW that I don't really like is the experience point change. I liked that pokemon gave the same amount of experience every time, and you didn't get 1 exp. from a weaker pokemon than your own. But maybe you're supposed to use those pass powers to make up for that.

Heartgold did so much for me. It was my favorite Pokemon game until Black/White 2 came out. But by 4th gen I assume you mean D/P/Pt, which I haven't played at all. I am planning on picking up Platinum soon though and see how it fares against the rest.

For those of you who have played it, is it worth spending money on?

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
SoulSilver has been my main game since whenever I can remember. My entire Dex is stacked there and I can't part from it at all or bother to move anything to newer games. It's still my favourite.

*~Silver*~

Yeah. I actually like the fourth generation games better than the fifth generation. Everyone knows that Johto and Sinnoh are better than Unova, except for some people who prefer Unova. xD
SoulSilver and Platinum are the two games I play the most, even though I have White and White 2. So yes, I'd say I prefer fourth generation over fifth.

Ditto B1tch

Yes, I like the 4 Gen games a lot yet! D/P/Pt were fantastic in my viewpoint, and the remakes HG/SS surprised me a lot. Also, I have a special feeling for Johto as my addiction to Pokemon games started in Gold Version, in spide of my first contact with Pokemon was the anime, first season.

Bananarama

The light is coming
The fourth Generation was alright. Not as good as 5, but still decent. In fact, Soulsilver is among my favorites for Pokemon games.

DarthVader

I think Generation 4 is better than Generation 5, but I play the Generation 5 games more because I can't do wifi battles with the older games.

zebbystrika

PokeMaster
Pokemon diamond was my favorite gen 4 game, and I still play it, along with soulsilver today. These games were great, and I love the sinnoh region's music. I have over 800 hours stacked into my diamond game, and I will never forget all the great times I had playing it. Pokemon diamond and pearl forever

P-body

Aperture TestSubject
Yeah. I liked HG/SS and Platinum the most.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I like all of the Pokemon generations, 4th gen. included. I agree with an earlier poster that they are incredibly slow, and that annoys me.

I don't like it quite as much as Gen. 5, though.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
HG/SS will always be one of my favorite Pokemon games and I'll still be playing it until they make another game with the "follow" feature. I love seeing my cute Pokemon follow me around and the just as cute interactions. :3

D/P I had some mixed opinions about because of the pokemon included, Platinum greatly fixed that.

ShinyEmpoleon33

Shiny Hunter
Pokemon pearl

My Fav Pokemon Game is Pokemon Pearl. The story line is great and the Pokemon are just plain awesome. ;271;;157;;386;;157;;271;

Raiin

Johto Boy
Yeah, I love SS, Diamond, and Platinum. Awesome games. SS is the most I have played a game since... well Silver version.

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
Yeah, I still enjoy them! Soul Silver and Platinum more so than my Pearl. I had some issues with Pearl due to various things, but I still enjoyed it. And Platinum pretty much fixed all the issues I had with the first game, so now I can't even complain.

Of all the 4th Generation games though, I play Soul Silver the most. How could I not enjoy a remake of the games that got me hooked to begin with :)

Meeker

It needs a fence.
4th gen. holds SO many memories, of course I like it. Platinum, Pearl, and Heart Gold remind me of the good ol' times, even if I don't play them as much.

Besides, the PMD for gen. 5 hasn't come out yet, but I think that I'll continue to play EoS due to the amount of Pokemon you can play as.