• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still plan to Catch Em All?

Yup, it's not too hard to get them all. The only annoying thing is to get legit event pokemon, but now that's being solved because of all the wifi events.

Once I get White, I'm going to catch all the new ones too. It shouldn't take too long.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I can proudly say that I have never "caught them all," on any of the many Pokemon games that I own. I'm much more interested in the competitive aspect of the games, and I barely even have time for that. I don't have the time or the patience to traverse the Poke-world hundreds of times over, nor would I want to use the GTS to fill in the gaps in my Pokedex.

Essentially, that means that Feebas has forever eluded me and will forever elude me.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Cannot for B&W to catch all of the new pokemon ^^ literally one of my favourite things to do in the games, especially the feeling of success when I finally get that Sazandra
I've completed the dex in HG so I should be alright for B&W -just transfer them all over :D

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Cannot for B&W to catch all of the new pokemon ^^ literally one of my favourite things to do in the games, especially the feeling of success when I finally get that Sazandra
I've completed the dex in HG so I should be alright for B&W -just transfer them all over :D

True... but if you transfer them all over then it's not technically catching them all in that particular game- its cheating to make it appear that you have :p

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Never did when there were fewer pokemon. I prefer not to catch pokemon that will end up doing nothing, and for this reason, I'm thinking I'll be catching fewer pokemon than I have in my previous generations. The idea of catching pokemon "for the pokedex" has never appealed to me in the first place (the reward for doing so has actually escaped me), so if I don't think I'll use it, I don't think I'll be catching it.

Vernikova

Champion
I would like to because it would be nice to brag about... but 649 Pokemon? 649? Wow.

It would be a nice achievement but who are you really going to brag to about catching every Pokémon?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I only plan on catching the ones I like, the ones I that are good, and the ones that I have to. Honestly, I'm getting disgusting with the number of pokemon they are spilling out now. They are clearly getting less unique and I'm getting bored. I know that Nintendo wants to make money on the Pokemon franchise, but they could do it just as easily by implementing different regions and better games than simply adding Pokemon. For instance, when was the last game with fully revamped 3D Pokemon characters on a home console? Oh yeah thats right NEVER.

No thank you I'll be playing B&W with no more than 12 Pokemon.
Same here! I only plan on using 4 to 6 of the new pokemon plus the pokemon from my previous games. Plus after hearing that they have a dedicated Random Match Mode for B@W I have little incentive to catch em all.

Penguinist Trainer

Yes I plan to catch them all. I have already caught them all and I will continue catching them all as long as they keep discovering new pokemon to catch.

Besides, the large amount of pokemon to catch simply means the challenge is getting increased with every new game.

diamondpoppy

Typhlosion Master
yup, i plan to before b&w comes out! 68 more to go!!

Uncle_Starburst

Its a fun challenge so I probably will catch 'em all again like I did in Ruby and HeartGold, but I'll probably wait until the third version comes out to do it though. Grey will probably have Gym Leader rematches and other goodies so yah.

If Gamefreak would stop their idiotic practice of making certain pokemon only available through events then yes I could muster the energy to do it. As it is... Not going to happen.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
I would only try to 'catch em all' if i could be bothered as they keep spilling out new - sometimes pointless - pokemon so as soon as i get like nearly all of them i find that they have another 100 out thus i can't be bothered as i've put all that effort in only to be told im not anywhere near finished.

It would also encourage me to bother if they didn't keep restricting some pokemon to event only.
I only think about catching them all after i've near completed the game and i've got nothing better to do but by that point i've missed the events to get certain pokemon. So i've pretty much only got close to catching all of them way back in leafgreen and even then i couldn't get mew -.-
Doesn't help that the UK doesn't get many events (im not saying we get no events whatsoever) but it doesn't help or if we do have them it's during big festivals so there's always crowds of people -.- and i never get a chance to get them.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
No. I like creating a team consisting of a combination of my favorites and ones that will perform well in battle. However, I don't need people to see me playing in public, so that pretty much rules out any event Pokemon, and I have tried to evolve my Feebas because Milotic is awesome, but I can't because I suck at Poffins. T_T I can't trade with anyone over wifi, either, 'cause I don't have a good network anywhere near me.

If Nintendo would make a game where all the Pokemon could be caught without having to trade/go into the underground/go to some event for once, then I'd like to.

But for now, I've abandoned the notion.