• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still plan to Catch Em All?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
When Pokemon Black and White come's out this Spring it will add another 156 new Pokemon to the ever expanding Pokemon roster. As of now we are up to 493 Pokemon. The 5th generation should not officially begin until the rest of the world has Black and White. But anyway, 493 + 156 = 649 that's over 600 Pokemon!! And they may even add a few more later in the Generation! Remember the original Pokemon saying Gotta catch em all? Well... back then there were only 151 Pokemon. Now there will be over 600! So let me ask you this? Do you still plan to Catch Em All?

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I'd like to think I could catch them all, but with all the time and trading involved, there is no chance I'd actually be bothered to do it.

Aquanova

Yes, it will be a challenge but im up to it and thats one of the points of the game. It'll be easier now that i have more than 1 DS and Wi-Fi for trading and recieving of event pokemon

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Meh, I'm getting there. I have 1 of each in the 1st gen, almost that in 4th gen, and about half for 2nd and 3rd gen, it's just they're all on different games.

Once 5th gen rolls around, I will try to make an effort to pal park and pokeshift them all and try complete the dex. Maybe.

GilligBoi

I think I speak for everyone when I say-

HELLZ YEAH!

yeminied

Absolutely.

It will be a challenge I have to admit but I have caught them all in Platinum so for any old Pokémon I'm having trouble with I can just PokéShift.

Getting that diploma was a very rewarding moment so I can't wait to go see the Game Freak guys and get one in White.

Well, I will have them all. However I will not recatch pokemon. It is going to be much pokeshifting. I feel that I have to complete the national dex atleast once per generation.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
To be honest I can't remember the last time I actually caught anything else than just the team I use and HM slaves... maybe more if I change my team up during a run.

I dunno, I just find it kinda tedious to try and track down every single poke... although I can understand why you would want to, for the sense of achievement. But hey, that's just me.

This reason is probably why I liked DPPt's pokedex, with the pokemon being registered after just being seen, not caught.(Which I think makes more sense)

randomspot555

I think it's worth noting Japan's catch phrase is just a simple "Get Pokemon!" "Gotta Catch Em All" has never really done anything in the game except give you another star on your trainer card, and maybe an NPC will say something special. It adds nothing to th eactual game.

But I did complete my dex in Diamond, and I'm close to completing it in HG as well. Probably will do the same in B/W.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
So far I haven't actually been able to catch them all. But I think I will be able to this generation now that I have wifi and can download the events. I'm not sure though what is meant by adding new pokemon later in the generation.

The Fire Starter

I'm currently focusing on filling the pokedex in my Diamond version. I've gone quite a ways so far and so I'm determined to finish it. I don't care about the First Gen or GBA games, as I don't have the means to trade using a cable or with another person. After I finish the dex in Diamond, I don't care if I do in HG. I always put my effort in to get as many entries, but I won't break my back over it.

When I get White, I'll try and fill it up as much as possible. If I can transfer the pokemon from my Diamond version, I definitly will catch em all.

Lately I just trade away pokemon that I wouldn't like to change and have fully evolved, as I don't need them anymore. So When the time comes to fill out White, I will have quite a bit of holes to fill.

Now who here actually read my post? Even I was getting bored writing this.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
True Pokemon masters don't complain

Off-topic: didn't they drop the slogan "Gotta Catch em all" because it kinda became impossible to catch them all u know due to events.

On-topic: I was soo close in pearl but platinum came out and i just abandoned pearl same with platinum when HGSS came out why must Nintendo make things soo difficult :'(. I actually hope to catch all 649 in black and white

-Raiga-

I dunno, I just find it kinda tedious to try and track down every single poke... although I can understand why you would want to, for the sense of achievement. But hey, that's just me.

It is pretty tedious if you have to go back and catch each one, however I assume you're like me and don't catch the pokemon the first time you see it. I think given most of the games try and have you see almost every pokemon in the dex before elite four, it wouldn't be too hard if you just catch'em the first time around.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
It is pretty tedious if you have to go back and catch each one, however I assume you're like me and don't catch the pokemon the first time you see it. I think given most of the games try and have you see almost every pokemon in the dex before elite four, it wouldn't be too hard if you just catch'em the first time around.

Oh no I didn't mean having to go back and catch them all, I just meant like having to go and find certain pokemon to catch, for example; safari zone-only pokemon.

swampert55

I caught them all (except Jirachi and Deoxys) in Ruby (3rd gen!). That's the end of that for me, as I only have one DS and no DS wi-fi.

Pikawho?

(five15)
I'ma catch em all this go around. The last time I completed the pokedex was in Sapphire. I meant to do it in gen 4, but gave up. This will probably be my final generation with pokemon so, if nothing else, I'll put in the extra effort to catch them all. As mentioned many times in this thread, that's one of the signature things of the franchise: catching them all.

No. 1 Machop Fan

No, I've started focusing more on competitive battling (and catching my faves).