• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still play Gen 1?

Blazing CobaltX

私はポケモンマスターよ!
Still play Yellow, I'm kinda done with Blue.

Blue Monarch

Lonely Heart
Best games ever. How could I not? :)

Yellow was my first GBC game, and I even got them in one bundle. It was a yellow GBC that came with the Yellow version. I remember I was so excited until I was stuck at a dead end vs Brock. Fun times xD

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I sold my Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon games. Pretty stupid thing to do, but I needed the money at the time.

I would play them again, but playing a non back-lit GBA/Gameboy game takes some getting used to after the DS.

Water Max

Yes I still play generation I. Last year I bought Blue version wanting to play generation I with more knowledge about moves and types than in 1999 with Red version when I was 7.

thekorean

ridiculous how you cant play original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on DS.

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
I still play them daily!
R/B/Y are my favorite games behind G/S/C!
There's just something about Gen I that makes me want to keep playing them. :3

Water Max

ridiculous how you cant play original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on DS.

Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games will be playable on the virtual console of the 3DS which will start on 7 June. Maybe the Pokémon generation I and II games will eventually be playable on the Virtual Console of the 3DS. Game Boy Advance cartridges are half the size of Game Boy cartridges so they could have been made useable on the DS but the console would have been very expensive like the original PS3 which played PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. The newer PS3 versions can't play PS2 games but recognises them.

Last edited:

Silver Owns

12 year veteran
Haha I would still play if the internal batterys in all three of my gen 1 games didn't die

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
No and I probably wont as the newer games are just too good. I'll only play them if I feel like a bit of nostalgia

Audino

um yea i still play them just last night i was beating the elite 4 on my yellow version

Loffyglu

Death and Rebirth
Oh yeah, I still play them every now and then :B Not too often, though, especially after I started playing other kinds of games. I definitely think they have their own nostalgic, broken charm to them that the newer games can't imitate (don't think I like the old games better, though; the newer games are infinitely better!). But really, the plethora of glitches, the broken game mechanics... it's all so fun to toy around with sometimes! XD

Derp

[Something funny]
No, I don't find them that fun any more even with all the glitches.

Earendil

The internal battery in my Blue version died a few months ago, so I could not play it even if I wanted to.

mcdermott1

Krookodile Fanatic
I got mine from a goodwill store for $2.00. Still one of my most favorite games even if the graphics are outdated. It bothers me that someone would get rid of it, and then the store would sell it for $2.00 :\

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
yes. I restarted my pokemon red just recently. I have mew :D I love the first gen. I also play it on the computer sometimes.

TheEpicGoomba

Not really. However after I beat White I plan to do a run of Yellow since I have never beaten it due to the insane levels of the gym leaders.

CharizardandMewtwo

A tough cookie :3
You can play them on a gameboy advance, that's what me and my bro do, but to link up, you need a gameboy color link cable :s

Flamle

Every Weekend....
I still play Red and Yellow occasionally. I like going back and seeing all of the Pokemon I had.