• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still play Gen 1?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I just ordered Red online today. I would rather play Red then Firered. Big pokeballs, original Lavender Town music and 8 bit graphics!!!!

Kalosian

So long
No. I have not played any first generation game since 4 years ago or something like that. I have officially "killed" them, even if I still have the games, I will never play them again, though I do not want to sell them or get rid of them either. I am more interested in the newer games, so I play them instead.

I was just playing my Blue game yesterday. I got it when I was three and the battery still works.
I recently bought a Red game, but I haven't really started playing it yet, as I favor my Blue game over it. My sister's Yellow game still works, too.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Doing a playthrough of my Yellow again. A proper playthrough unlike the ones I had back in the day. (Dugtrio only) :p

piplup1036

Love'em Doing a pokemon red LP on youtube write now :D

Silver Totodile

Nope, but if they release it, I'll do a play through of Yellow on the 3DS

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
Very rarely. My sister has Red and I used to have Blue (lost...) so I occasionally steal her game because she never plays.

Kaz~

Banned
Definitely, love the old games!

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
I don't play them a lot, but I take them from time to time to do some training with my Windows ME :D (Porygon) And I can't leave SwimminCat behind D: (Blastoise)

hawkmbl

Curious
I have pokemon red (But Missingno messed it up after I used the fly away from battles glitch to see what pokemon I could encounter), and also Yellow, which I use ofter on Stadium, haven't done for a while however...

Dattebayo

Banned
No I don't, for a few reasons:

1. One of my Gameboys died, so I can't trade to get my Alakazam
2. The game mechanics are broken
3. It's hard to level grind as you can't see how many EXP points you have for your Pokemon
4. Lack of diversity for certain types

GryphonBurns

Still play my Blue version, and you know why? The original 151 Pokemon are the best, hands down. Yeah, Pokemon has really evolved and we've got some crackin' good looking new ones who have some massive advantages over some of the originals. But I still think nothing can compare to Mewtwo, Blastoise, Arcanine, or Haunter.

Sorry, ranted a little there. Point is, yes I still play it to this day on my GameBoy Pocket.