• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still regularly watch the anime? (If not, why?)

Do you still regularly watch the anime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I watched Pokemon when I was a kid IL-somewhere in the Johto series. I was a teen around that time during the middle of Johto and no one thought Pokemon was cool at the time so yea. Later I got back into it & slowly watched the rest. I enjoyed the hoenn+BF series & sinnoh a lot, then afterwords it wasn’t that great to me. Right now, SM is ok. I’m enjoying it a little more than isshu & kalos series.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I watched regularly from OS to Johto, then took a break from the show because “it went out of fashion” and didn’t like May and Max. Came back during BF and watched some episodes then officially came back for DP and watched every week online, it was a Saturday evening tradition for me, which I miss. Then dropped out of BW because Dawn and Brock had gone and the writing went downhill. Watched important episodes of BW though and same for XY, did start watching SM religiously but got bored of the episodes and lack of good characters and development

Zyar

Unknown Member
I binge-watched the anime in spanish (and then japanese with subs) up to Sun & Moon in the space of a year (last year). Was about to stop at Best Wishes cause I couldn't tolerate it, but I powered through.

I still watch every week, once the episode is subbed (I don't watch it raw). Recently I stopped for a couple of weeks but I'm caught up now!

I mainly cared about Team Rocket during my binge-watching and the most important or emotional moments, but now that I'm watching it in a weekly basis, I've taken a bigger interest in other characters too. It also helps that Sun & Moon's had more mature and/or innovative themes and moving moments, which I like.

I agree the show has lost some of its essence with the passing of time, but at least Sun & Moon has changed the boring formula a bit. That's a plus.

I recently started watching the Sun & Moon anime. I stopped at the beginning of X&Y as I started to get jaded from watching the anime. But watching S&M though, I think it's alright and nothing too bad nor too good.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I’ve been regularly watching the anime for the past 9 years of my life, and I’m not about to stop now! In fact, with the SM saga, watching the anime every week has gotten much more enjoyable; pretty much every episode (filler or not) tends to be entertaining in some way, and I can only think of a select few times that I’ve been genuinely bored with it.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I've watched every episode within a month of its initial airing (dub) since Tuesday, September 8, 1998 :)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Not really. Back in 2010 when I got internet( yeah I am a late bloomer), I was hooked up on Pokemon BW and end of DP. I literally watched all BW episodes, I think. Then, when XY started I watched first 20 episodes and I got tired of it and made a hiatus - 2 year after - in 2016 when XY league is starting I was hooked on again and watched almost all XY episodes and loved them.SM started and I was defending it from people who think it will be bad(I know - ironic, because I now think it's bad).I started watching SM and literally same thing happen to start of XY.

I watched first 20 SM episodes and said this is not by cup of tea and left( so that was around March 2017). I return to SM in April and May 2018 watching Ula Ula arc but sadly as it seems I dropped it again because a) I found better things than SM - I found SM boring, 2) SM still not being my cup of tea unlike in XY when I returned I watched all XY episodes despite finding better things than XY( like games and movies that I enjoyed more than watching XY).

Now will I return? I won't make promises, because when XY started I said; I won't watch Pokemon anymore and 2 years later I returned and watched entire XY.I'd say for certainty I won't be back until "Season 2" of SM airs so I can see how and what it is, will it be travelling, will it be adventure, action will it be my cup of tea etc. I will likely be back for Gen 8 next year because it may be like BW and XY to see in what direction will it go. But, even if it is like BW and XY, I will still drop it because Pokemon anime is repetitive.

That's true, even SM being less repetitive, it's not my cup of tea, if it's my cup of tea; it's repetitive and gets boring really fast so I must drop it.That's why I didn't drop DBS and MCU because they're not repetitive.DBS/DBZ and MCU all have certain points that they're going to and it's all connected. In Pokemon that cycle repeats itself over and over. There's no point, no goal. That's why enjoy watching 500-600 episodes of DBS and DBZ and 20 movies of MCU,while I drop out when it comes to Pokemon series but later return. I need to take a break in order 'fill' my batteries for repetitiveness, like "letting it die out in my head" so I can enjoy it.
This is same situation of people watching Titanic and after 2 years you say; "OMG I miss Titanic, I wanna watch it again", or "I want to watch HP movies again after 2 years".