1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still use wondertrade and GTS for this gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by keithpetrosky, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:11 PM.

1. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

GTS is full of rare Pokémon for easy trades and wondertrade in US/UM S/M, I have gotten many rare or shiny Pokémon. People should go on more especially since this is an easy way to get Pokémon hard to find in sword and shield or to import to those games for breeding.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  2. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

dont forget that many of these shinies are mire than often hacked. a fair amount come with perfect 6IVs. there are some legit that you get but its the uncommon case. the system isnt perfect for weeding out hacked mons. there are useful mons you can get over GTS WT but there are still a few hacked mons floating around there.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 5:38 PM
    Leonhart likes this.
  3. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

I don't anymore. GTS is just filled with hacks at the moment and Wonder Trade has never really appealed to me.

Ubermuk likes this.
  4. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

It's only useful if you needed the other starters and version exclusives.

With the new games out and people abandoning this game, this GTS is in the exact same state as XY/ORAS GTS. Full of greedy kids who have no sense of trade value. At least ultra beasts are infinite in USUM.

Wonder trade is still ass.

Breeding rejects galore and starter pokemon you surely have by this point. Along with the route 1 garbage that ruined XY's.

Ubermuk likes this.
  5. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

For breeding rare ball combinations hacked (or not hacked) mons are very valuable at this point. That’s my main reason for trading and so others can import them to sword and shield. Also you often find good Pokémon you can use in sw/sh that otherwise would be hard to find without older games. I’m doing rare ball breeding and wonder trades giving them away to people so they have some nice Pokémon to continue breeding.

Ubermuk likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've never done a Wonder Trade in Gen VII, and I only used the GTS a few times when I first purchased Sun and Moon, but quickly gave up using it since it was many times more infuriating than the Gen IV GTS.

Ubermuk likes this.
  7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I haven’t used either for awhile tbh. I may occasionally use them once in awhile though.

Ubermuk likes this.
  8. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Last time I used Wonder Trade was to trade away a bunch HA Mareanie breedjects. Haven’t touched GTS for a while though since I already completed the Pokedex.

Ubermuk likes this.
  9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

I use them once in awhile. Have to be careful on the GTS, due to blatant hackers.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  10. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

The last time I used the GTS or Wonder Trades was last year I think. But even when Gen 7 was more popular I hardly used those features because I barely ever traded at all.