• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still use wondertrade and GTS for this gen?

keithpetrosky

GTS is full of rare Pokémon for easy trades and wondertrade in US/UM S/M, I have gotten many rare or shiny Pokémon. People should go on more especially since this is an easy way to get Pokémon hard to find in sword and shield or to import to those games for breeding.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
dont forget that many of these shinies are mire than often hacked. a fair amount come with perfect 6IVs. there are some legit that you get but its the uncommon case. the system isnt perfect for weeding out hacked mons. there are useful mons you can get over GTS WT but there are still a few hacked mons floating around there.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't anymore. GTS is just filled with hacks at the moment and Wonder Trade has never really appealed to me.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's only useful if you needed the other starters and version exclusives.

With the new games out and people abandoning this game, this GTS is in the exact same state as XY/ORAS GTS. Full of greedy kids who have no sense of trade value. At least ultra beasts are infinite in USUM.

Wonder trade is still ass.

Breeding rejects galore and starter pokemon you surely have by this point. Along with the route 1 garbage that ruined XY's.

keithpetrosky

For breeding rare ball combinations hacked (or not hacked) mons are very valuable at this point. That’s my main reason for trading and so others can import them to sword and shield. Also you often find good Pokémon you can use in sw/sh that otherwise would be hard to find without older games. I’m doing rare ball breeding and wonder trades giving them away to people so they have some nice Pokémon to continue breeding.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've never done a Wonder Trade in Gen VII, and I only used the GTS a few times when I first purchased Sun and Moon, but quickly gave up using it since it was many times more infuriating than the Gen IV GTS.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Last time I used Wonder Trade was to trade away a bunch HA Mareanie breedjects. Haven’t touched GTS for a while though since I already completed the Pokedex.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I use them once in awhile. Have to be careful on the GTS, due to blatant hackers.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
I recently purchased a New 3DS XL after my old 3ds XL had water damage some months after Sun came out. So I'm currently playing UltraMoon. Since I only have the 1 console, I used the GTS to trade pokemon from Sun to UM so I could breed (my team has 4 late-game pokemon and I wanted to use them early) and then I traded my team to Sun for some late-game TMs.

Slow sure, but useful.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I stopped, as everyone has moved on to Sword/Shield, which is a generation that I refuse to support due to Game Freak's bad PR. Also doesn't help that my New 3DS XL's screen cracked over a year ago, and gave up on getting a new one due to my mother's distrust towards eBay and saying that I'd be better off getting a Switch, when I clearly don't want to move to Gen 8 and monetized trading, as it would mean no more trading for me due to being broke.

So I was left with no choice but to retire from Pokemon gaming altogether.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah. I do Wonderlockes occasionally and there’s something fun about seeing an active community in past games. I never let hacked Pokémon impact my enjoyment of this as it’s easily ignorable

Sakuyamon

No because there's hardly anyone to trade with using Wondertrade. It was fun while it lasted but like all other generations eventually people lose interest when something new comes along. :(

keithpetrosky

I’m still doing wondertrade on US/UM, now that most illegal Pokémon are gone I frequently trade and get legit Pokémon, many in rare pokeballs which is what I like to trade away to others to give them something nice. It makes me happy so many Pokémon I traded got transferred into sword and shield so others can breed and trade them, gotta keep the Pokémon Ark alive for the future!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Only one i'm looking for at the time is dusk form lycanroc.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
In a special ball or any pokeball?
Nahh what i meant was that it was easier to get the own tempo rockruff when it the event was. I bought 3DS and Ultra Sun/Omega Ruby just at the beginning of this year. Breeding for own Tempo (hidden ability) from a wild Rockruff that is unlikely to originally have it is next to impossible.

I have been relying on GTS to speed up my pokedex collection including moon exclusives and anything involving pokemon that have to be transferred. Be warned, finding a lot of pokemon not included is a tedious process.

Last edited: